Skins not showing up?

I've tried installing a couple of skins which I belive are in the right location but they aren't appearing in game when I try and select them.

Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?

Many Thanks

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\lotus_49\skins

Yes that is the correct place.

Inside the 'skins' folder should be your additional car's folder, and the actual skin files is within that folder.

Example :-

assetto-skins1.png

Inside that lotus_99t folder will be the actual files :-

assetto-skins2.png

If you have a problem with a particular skin or mod, then you can ask for help in the forum thread that is attached to every download.

Cheers :)

I know that it may appear like a dumb question to you, but you are selecting the skin correctly?

Use the little spanner tool to get to the showroom :-

assetto-carselect.jpg

Then the left and right arrows to scroll to the skin you want, then clicking the selection tool to show 'Skin Selected'

assetto-carselect1.jpg

Hi Graham,

Thanks for posting back but I went through it again and I'm definitely trying to select skins as illistrated but nothing is there to select apart from the standard colour schemes.

I've tried a couple now, one thing I did notice is that the standard skins that come with the game are a listed as Json files where the custom skins I've tried to use are rar.

Do I need to convert these?

Thanks

Yeah, you have to unpack the files. A rar is almost the same as a zip, a compressed archive, but is more flexible and has better security options.

Search for winrar or winzip, both pieces of software should unpack the rar files. (Windows handles zip file automatically)

EDIT:

7-Zip is free. It will pack and unpack zip files. It can unpack rar files.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes