Simtrecs Brake Pedal Help

Bit2Me

Premium
Hello, I am assembling my first simrig and I am a newbie at this, I bought some simtrecs and I feel the brake is too hard and the travel is very short and I do not understand much about the configurations that the manual includes, I assembled them as they came out of the box, Can someone help me find a more comfortable configuration since after a while my foot starts to hurt. I'm playing f1 23 to start. thank you so much

• Deleted member 197115

Hello, I am assembling my first simrig and I am a newbie at this, I bought some simtrecs and I feel the brake is too hard and the travel is very short and I do not understand much about the configurations that the manual includes, I assembled them as they came out of the box, Can someone help me find a more comfortable configuration since after a while my foot starts to hurt. I'm playing f1 23 to start. thank you so much
Are these your first load cell (pressure) based pedals?
It is different from potentiometers and registers pressure (load), not pedal travel. Out of the box they should come with StreetCar-ish settings, which is pretty soft already with one soft and two medium elastomers. You can replace mediums with soft ones (without dots), and invest into some racing shoes, they are a must for pedals like these.
After that use provided software to adjust max load, travel, etc, as well as rotary on the pedal load cell amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much, I appreciate your support and if I have racing shoes I had already read that they are necessary. I will follow your advice. Greetings from Mexico.

It is different from potentiometers and registers pressure (load), not pedal travel. Out of the box they should come with StreetCar-ish settings, which is pretty soft already with one soft and two medium elastomers. You can replace mediums with soft ones (without dots), and invest into some racing shoes, they are a must for pedals like these.
After that use provided software to adjust max load, travel, etc, as well as rotary on the pedal load cell amp.
Thank you very much, I appreciate your support and if I have racing shoes I had already read that they are necessary. I will follow your advice. Greetings from Mexico.

• Deleted member 197115

For shoes, take a look at Puma Drift Cat, they almost always come with some sales and probably the best buck for performance ratio around. They are running small on size though and toe box is not the widest around, so aim for at least size or two larger when ordering.

For shoes, take a look at Puma Drift Cat, they almost always come with some sales and probably the best buck for performance ratio around. They are running small on size though and toe box is not the widest around, so aim for at least size or two larger when ordering.
i got this

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea