SimRacingGarage - Sim Racing Studio ShakeKit Review

This looks very promising. I think I'll give it a shot once I get my NLR V3 dialed in. The DIY efforts for doing your just isn't worth it to me so for me, this has great appeal. At that price point, it's worth an experiment.

Upvote 0
Thank you for sharing...
Here are some of my own thoughts on this.....

Value
The price for this is not bad, if we were to compare buying 4x pucs (8ohm) and 2x 20W SMSL amps and then foam materials, cables etc for a similar cushion idea. It would not be much cheaper.

Tactile Control
Have an interest in this but got to say my main concern is what can be done to control or change the effects for the tactile used. Not enough is explained as to what altering the Telemetry volume does regard each effects felt output.

I don't just mean their gain? It seems something that was completely ignored in the review. For example, how do we change the frequencies generated to best suit the "tactile hardware used" or indeed use or build our own effect files if we wanted to? Both Simvibe or Sim Shaker Wheels (popular options) offer either settings to do this or build and place effects for the different channels via Audacity software.

Simple Solution
I get it, that many will want a simple solution but still what can be done to change the effects is an important factor. Especially if people are using the software for typical transducers and not just this cushion.

While Dayton Pucs work rather well (for their price) the review did not showcase the frequency range and performance of the Pucs. In fairness not everyone will care. However we have no comparison with anything else in the market as to how this was indeed any better or not as good. Tactile is NOT just about volume or watts, it is VERY much about what Hz the tactile can operate with and the ability to work from the lowest to the highest bass frequency ranges. Having spent over 12 years with tactile I would say this is key to bringing more variation or realism to the tactile immersion possible.

Alternatives
We have quite a bit of activity on these forums regards tactile hardware.
For me the review did not look enough to other options like Jetseat or similar seat cushion products which it has to be said do appear to offer more control of what vibrations you feel via their software. Additionally, products like Jetseat produce effects into the back/spine body regions to distribute effects not just trying to cram 4 channels underneath the thighs/buttocks. Instead, they use the extra body regions to help position front and rear based G-Force effects for acceleration/deceleration between the base of the seat and the spine/back area.

Perspective
I dont want to just put this product down but at the moment it seems the software is limited in what it can offer, while it keeps things simple for newcomers wanting to enjoy tactile. The only other factor I see with this solution is no ability to upgrade at some point to have a pedal/seat tactile solution or use amps that could be used to power larger or common tactile units. However that can also be said with hardware like a Jetseat too. A major advantage Sim Shaker Wheels as software seems to be is how it can control in a nice clean and simple UI not only a Jetseat but also typical tactile. So its possible for a user to combine both and be controlled within the same software/screen settings.

Still though interesting product and solution that will appeal to some....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just received mine today and tried it with Asetto Corsa, so far. The pucks really do the job, and it's pretty satisfying. However, like the above person said, their software seems pretty limited as to what it can do (plus it tends to stop working for me after a while). I've run it with SimCommander, and it works perfectly. The convenience and high plug-and-play attributes are worth the price of admission, think, considering what running a 4-channel amp with 4 pucks would cost if one decided to DIY. Having said that, I think I'd still prefer to mount the pucks on the chassis itself (I have a Playseat Challenge), as having all 4 pucks so close together tends to defeat the purpose, if you want the benefit of chassis information through tactile feedback (I could tell SimCommander was doing a great job of this, sending the signals where they were supposed to go). I'm considering experimenting with taking the pucks off the cushion and mounting them on the Playseat and see how that goes. I also have a Buttkicker which I can use to run some of the other effects like engine vibration and shifter. I wonder what people in this forum think of that?

Upvote 0
I just received mine today and tried it with Asetto Corsa, so far. The pucks really do the job, and it's pretty satisfying. However, like the above person said, their software seems pretty limited as to what it can do (plus it tends to stop working for me after a while). I've run it with SimCommander, and it works perfectly. The convenience and high plug-and-play attributes are worth the price of admission, think, considering what running a 4-channel amp with 4 pucks would cost if one decided to DIY. Having said that, I think I'd still prefer to mount the pucks on the chassis itself (I have a Playseat Challenge), as having all 4 pucks so close together tends to defeat the purpose, if you want the benefit of chassis information through tactile feedback (I could tell SimCommander was doing a great job of this, sending the signals where they were supposed to go). I'm considering experimenting with taking the pucks off the cushion and mounting them on the Playseat and see how that goes. I also have a Buttkicker which I can use to run some of the other effects like engine vibration and shifter. I wonder what people in this forum think of that?
Did you end up pulling the pucks out and placing them at different positions?

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 170 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 56 28.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 70 35.9%