SimPC upgrade

Hello,

I am planning to do an upgrade to my PC for some better video quality.
I have a triple screen setup 24 inch, each running at 1920x1080 and a Logitech G29 wheel. I am playing F1, Asseto Corsa Competizione, Project Cars 2, iRacing.
My PC hardware spec is: AMD FX8320, Gigabyte 970A, DDR3 8Gb, 256SSD, Sapphire Radeon RX480 Nitro 8Gb.

I am not so happy with the video performance in most games (except iRacing). For example in F1, the while lines on the road appear "pixaleted" even if the monitor runs at 1920x1080. also the corners coming at high speed, do not make themselves clear enough until I am close to them and the braking point becomes a guess. What is interesting is that, even if I run 1 screen instead of 3, in F1 2018, if I run maximum video settings, sometimes I encounter some stuttering (only on some areas of the track).

My question is: what do you guys would change first, what is the bottleneck of my PC? I am not convince it is the video card because, running 1 screen instead of 3, I assume I should have notice a bigger quality improvement.

I would look for a new CPU. The old AMD FX stuff was so far outdated when it came out. Because of this there is probably an upgrade for any budget in 2020. I would prioritize this upgrade first as any upgrade to a gpu would be wasted.

The RX 480 should be able to push triple screen 1080 at medium to high detail on the less graphically demanding games like iracing and Assetto Corsa but will fall behind a little on the more demanding titles like Project Cars 2.

So depending on your budget for an upgrade I can recommend something

Upvote 0
CPU is your bottleneck there.
A Ryzen 3600, 16gb ddr4 and a B450 motherboard would significantly help matters.

A better video card would also make the experience of using three screens significantly more enjoyable.

Upvote 0
I would do a major upgrade of your PC. I don't know the AMD stuff. The memory I'd do 16GB of DDR4. I would step up w/ the graphics card as well, especially as it sounds like you want as much of the eye-candy as possible.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back