SimLab P1-X Chassis Announcement

P1-X-slider-pic.jpg

We’re happy to announce the P1-X sim racing chassis. After the success of the P1 we are introducing the new version of the rig, with some small but needed updates. Full info to be released soon.

Planned release date is in the first half of June.

Last edited:
The engineering looks good at usual coming from Sim-Lab.

Unfortunately I can't use any of it. The new Pedal plate would interfere with my flight pedal mounts and where I have the CSW 2.5 PS is mounted. I don't need the supports. My current P1 is very stable and on a very level slab. They look like they would get in the way of my retractable casters.

Upvote 0
I love the ability of my GT1 chassis to be able to raise the pedal deck super high compared to this solution. Mine takes a little mucking about to change (you need to undo a few sets of bolts to loosen up the surrounding profile, even harder with the actuators mounted to the pedal try for rigidity) but you're able to nearly get your legs pointed straight out in front of you like in an open wheeler. Not quite the seated position you'd have in real life but definitely closer than most cockpits allow. This was my main reason for going with the GT1 over the P1 (as well as cost and shipping weight). But if the P1 had my pedal solution at the time I would have spent the extra.

Granted I don't drive open wheeler's nearly at all but it's nice to be able to have a variety of pedal deck options. With my seat so low, it's give me great flexibility.

Upvote 0
I love the ability of my GT1 chassis to be able to raise the pedal deck super high compared to this solution. Mine takes a little mucking about to change (you need to undo a few sets of bolts to loosen up the surrounding profile, even harder with the actuators mounted to the pedal try for rigidity) but you're able to nearly get your legs pointed straight out in front of you like in an open wheeler. Not quite the seated position you'd have in real life but definitely closer than most cockpits allow. This was my main reason for going with the GT1 over the P1 (as well as cost and shipping weight). But if the P1 had my pedal solution at the time I would have spent the extra.

Granted I don't drive open wheeler's nearly at all but it's nice to be able to have a variety of pedal deck options. With my seat so low, it's give me great flexibility.

You could have asked for the GT1 pedal deck design on the P1 when ordering, they are very open to changes like that. You also could have got a few pieces of profile and four of the levers and added it later.

Upvote 0
Hmm, that pedal deck would certainly be very very useful for increased motion actuator mounting options, hmmm :cautious:.
It's easy enough to mod the standard pedal deck so that it fits between the chassis side rails. I did this so that I could lower the pedals a few more inches (because my seat is mounted very low in the P1 for better 'in-not-on-the-car' feeling with the SFX100) but the added bonus of course was better clearance for the front actuators.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to figure out how the pedal deck would work in practice.

With the P1, I had to put a bolt through a hole not a slot in the back to keep from moving the platform when I pressed the brakes hard. The new mount has two slots so I don't see how I could ever use the slots, which is a shame.

I also find I have to bring the pedals forward for many people who visit and the new pedal deck sets them further back so I would have to bring the whole deck forward a lot more. With it inside the outer rails that is at least possible, but my flight pedal mounts would have to go away.

I notice that they have beveled holes for attaching things on the inside under the pedals which is great, because I have a power supply and USB hub mounted under my pedal deck.

I'm very curious how these are being used in practice by others. If anyone wants to share pictures of their final pedal configurations with the new deck that would very cool to see.

Upvote 0
The Sim-Lab P1 is great. I can see the value that the X has for some people, but it also has no value to other people. I have lots mounted under my wheel deck and I have to be able to slide it forward and backwards easily. My rig sits on a very level concrete basement floor and doesn't need any leveling. So for me the upgrade would be a setback. Fortunately I have an original P1. I did add a piece of profile to each side under the pedal deck which is a very simple way to add height to it while keeping the ability to slide the deck forward and backwards easily. Win:Win In that video it was mentioned that they only sold the feet separately but not the new pedal deck. From my experience with Sim-Labs if you ask for something, typically they will sell you exactly what you want, but I never checked on this.

The pedal deck might work well on the outside of the frame like the original and thereby keep it's easy of adjustment. They would just need to include slightly longer profile.

I think it's likely that they moved the pedal mount inside the frame to easily accommodate SFX-100, PT-Actuator, D-Box systems. If I ever consider installing one of those, I may change my tune very suddenly.

Upvote 0
The Sim-Lab P1 is great. I can see the value that the X has for some people, but it also has no value to other people. I have lots mounted under my wheel deck and I have to be able to slide it forward and backwards easily. My rig sits on a very level concrete basement floor and doesn't need any leveling. So for me the upgrade would be a setback. Fortunately I have an original P1. I did add a piece of profile to each side under the pedal deck which is a very simple way to add height to it while keeping the ability to slide the deck forward and backwards easily. Win:Win In that video it was mentioned that they only sold the feet separately but not the new pedal deck. From my experience with Sim-Labs if you ask for something, typically they will sell you exactly what you want, but I never checked on this.

The pedal deck might work well on the outside of the frame like the original and thereby keep it's easy of adjustment. They would just need to include slightly longer profile.

I think it's likely that they moved the pedal mount inside the frame to easily accommodate SFX-100, PT-Actuator, D-Box systems. If I ever consider installing one of those, I may change my tune very suddenly.

The main advantage for me over the GT1 is the strength of the wheel mount. I've got an OSW and have recently changed to a Martin Ascher wheel....this is just flexing the entire chassis, so any benefit from a stiffer wheel is lost in the flex of the chassis. I also feel my pedal plate flexing a little under heavy braking with the GT1.

I think I'm going to be adding an njmotion compact under my seat, Javi is waiting for me to give him exact measurements so he can fabricate some made to measure brackets - I'll create a thread on it once I've got one.

Upvote 0
@Mark Burton are you referring to the Evo or the original GT1? I have the older version and I have absolutely no flex anywhere on mine. I did notice the wheel deck is different on the Evo and I think that what might be what you are referring to. I have 120mm uprights and the 10mm solid wheel deck (not the front mount style, of equal thickness) and use a small Mige OSW on it.

Upvote 0
@Mark Burton are you referring to the Evo or the original GT1? I have the older version and I have absolutely no flex anywhere on mine. I did notice the wheel deck is different on the Evo and I think that what might be what you are referring to. I have 120mm uprights and the 10mm solid wheel deck (not the front mount style, of equal thickness) and use a small Mige OSW on it.

the new Evo. I can flex it pretty easily really, I also do get some flex in the pedal deck.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 33 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • Forum trophies