SimHub OBS Connector

Apps SimHub OBS Connector 2.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
TheLichten submitted a new resource:

SimHub OBS Connector - Control OBS through SimHub, from Stream Telemetry to Switching Scenes on your Phone

This Plugin uses SimHub: https://www.simhubdash.com/

This Plugin allows you to get telemetry and control OBS via SimHub.
You want to switch scenes depending on the Sim, start/stop recording through SimHubs mappings and controller input, save the replay buffer after setting a hotlap, monitor telemetry on your dash without need for an extra screen or more.
It will automatically connect to OBS even if it is started after SimHub or runs on a seperate Computer.
As with...

Read more about this resource...

Since I am in VR, an app ingame in Assetto Corsa that could control OBS on my other PC, would be amazing so I wouldn't have to get off my fat ass every time I have to go and click record.

Do you think would be possible to manage OBS running on 2 different computers with your plugin?

Is easy for me to start/stop recording or streaming on both with your plugin with Control and Events and the same OBS shortcuts to run these actions on both PC, but I want to have virtual LEDs for each computer on my leaderboard that shows ON/OFF stream/rec info, and don't know how to do it.

Do you think would be possible to manage OBS running on 2 different computers with your plugin?

Is easy for me to start/stop recording or streaming on both with your plugin with Control and Events and the same OBS shortcuts to run these actions on both PC, but I want to have virtual LEDs for each computer on my leaderboard that shows ON/OFF stream/rec info, and don't know how to do it.
I am not sure I understand you correctly so I will give two explanations to what I think you want to do:

A: You run SimHub on one computer (your Sim computer, PC1), but you stream off the second computer (OBS computer, PC2):
This is a default feature in the plugin, you run the OBS websocket installer on PC2, then go through the OBS setup instructions on that machine (important to allow the Windows Firewall to be opened. Also make sure your connection in Windows is configured as a private connection, as you can otherwise not find connect to it later).
You then want to check which local IP address your PC2 has (opening the cmd and typing ipconfig should give your IPv4 Address). Now on PC1 while the SimHub setup on step 5 enter that address under IP replacing the default 127.0.0.1.
If everything is configured right and the networking wizards are on your side you. If not, then something is not quite right with your network, and I can not really help you there.
Also note that it maybe advisable to assign a fixed IP to your PC2, as with DHCP your router periodically may reassign IP addresses. This can be done in many ways, from possibly setting it in the router to manually setting an IP in windows, google is your friend in this.

B: You run SimHub on PC1, but you also run OBS PC1 and another instance of OBS on PC2
Okay... that is mildly insane, and no, out of the box not possible, you can only connect to one or the other. There is a couple ways this could be addressed, but this gets very technical. Forking the plugin (as the source code is available) and then changing a couple of things (such as renaming the main and custom actions manager class, the Plugin Name and the name of the dll) should trick simhub into loading it as a separate plugin that would be able to connect to other machine. Events could be mapped twice to control both or once to control one or the other, and properties are separate.

KI am not sure I understand you correctly so I will give two explanations to what I think you want to do:

A: You run SimHub on one computer (your Sim computer, PC1), but you stream off the second computer (OBS computer, PC2):
This is a default feature in the plugin, you run the OBS websocket installer on PC2, then go through the OBS setup instructions on that machine (important to allow the Windows Firewall to be opened. Also make sure your connection in Windows is configured as a private connection, as you can otherwise not find connect to it later).
You then want to check which local IP address your PC2 has (opening the cmd and typing ipconfig should give your IPv4 Address). Now on PC1 while the SimHub setup on step 5 enter that address under IP replacing the default 127.0.0.1.
If everything is configured right and the networking wizards are on your side you. If not, then something is not quite right with your network, and I can not really help you there.
Also note that it maybe advisable to assign a fixed IP to your PC2, as with DHCP your router periodically may reassign IP addresses. This can be done in many ways, from possibly setting it in the router to manually setting an IP in windows, google is your friend in this.

B: You run SimHub on PC1, but you also run OBS PC1 and another instance of OBS on PC2
Okay... that is mildly insane, and no, out of the box not possible, you can only connect to one or the other. There is a couple ways this could be addressed, but this gets very technical. Forking the plugin (as the source code is available) and then changing a couple of things (such as renaming the main and custom actions manager class, the Plugin Name and the name of the dll) should trick simhub into loading it as a separate plugin that would be able to connect to another machine. Events could be mapped twice to control both or once to control one or the other, and properties are separate.
Option 2

I tried to stream to Twitch and YouTube from one computer with the obs plugin (don't remember the name) and I am not happy with the final result.

Before that, I made that from 2 PCs. The second one captures the original stream and re-streams it to another platform. Best quality results but is pretty annoying BCS I must lift from my cockpit to start this second stream.

With your plugin that 'problem" is solved. Second PC, second OBS, connected to my sim PC. Same shortcut can start/stop both OBS.

But I want to include virtual warning lights in my leaderboard to check both computers, both OBS, are streaming or not.

No big problem, thanks for your answer and of course, for your plugin .

Hi, from OBS 28.0 the plugin is not working :( Can you please update that? I liked it :)
Yeah, this is due to OBS integrating the obs-websocket plugin I used previously into OBS itself. I heard of this inclusion, but inbetween updates to other plugins (including EasyScript) and me getting sick it fell to the wayside.
Additionally the websocket plugin did at some point make a breaking change from v4 (which is used here) to v5, but v5 was not fully released when I wrote this plugin, nor had the .Net API I used for this a chance to be up to there.

For now stay or roll back to v27.x, this update may take a minute, as I may need to do some major reworks

For now stay or roll back to v27.x, this update may take a minute, as I may need to do some major reworks

Install this plugin into obs, and it will restore compatibility of obs 28 with SimHubOBS.
I will still work on a solution, just so you are aware of the temporary fix

Install this plugin into obs, and it will restore compatibility of obs 28 with SimHubOBS.
I will still work on a solution, just so you are aware of the temporary fix
thank you, it is working now, just keeps the warning each start that the obs websocket plugin is not ompatible, please remove. Where it is the file I need to remove?

TheLichten updated SimHub OBS Connector with a new update entry:

v2.0 Support for OBS 28+ And Improvements

- OBS 28+ now ships with the new websocket plugin, which is not compatible with v1.0 of this plugin. Also v2.0 is not compatible with OBS 27 and earlier.
- Fixed GameProcess/Window Events not triggering
- Fixed Output info freezing up due to a internal value overflow
- Major Optimizations in traffic and compute time
- Renamed OutputFrames to EncoderFrames and added OutputFrames (which represent the total and dropped frames via network during stream)
- Added Audio VolumeMeter

Read the rest of this update entry...

TheLichten updated SimHub OBS Connector with a new update entry:

v2.1.0 New CustomAction Editor

View attachment 719120Changelog:
- Added New UI for creating/editing CustomActions
- Added that values for CustomActions can be sourced from Properties
- Added SetSourceSettings and SetSourceFilterSettings
- Added SourceFilterEnable/Disable/Toggle
- Added Icon to Plugin
- Fixed Softlock when creating/editing CustomActions
- Fixed ReplayBufferRunning causing an error on init
- Fixed ProfileListChanged and SceneCollectionChanged event not working

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there any sort of tutorial for this? I'd like to use this to have a source show only when the sim is running, but i don't have a good understanding of how to use the plugin

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.