SimHub and a single Buttkicker Gamer 2

I’m very excited to be receiving my BK Gamer 2 later today. I’ve downloaded SimHub, and I’m all ready to start tinkering. It will be mounted directly to an office chair.

I’m unclear as to what effects I should have the BK respond, and at what frequency.

Can anyone that has this kind of set up offer some insight as to where I should start with the SimHub outputs? I pretty much exclusively play AMS2.

Thanks!

I've a single shaker attached to my rig. I also use simhub. It's got some default shaker profile stuff enabled - I'll attach my profile which you can import in the bass shakers section.

I love it.

I use the same profile across all my games. It's named the default profile but I think over time I tinkered with frequencies and shaker volumes... (I've had to add .txt to the end of the file for it to be allowed, so just rename it to .sipprofile)

Attachments

• Any Game - Default profile.siprofile.txt
    16 KB · Views: 2,885
Upvote 0
I've a single shaker attached to my rig. I also use simhub. It's got some default shaker profile stuff enabled - I'll attach my profile which you can import in the bass shakers section.

I love it.

I use the same profile across all my games. It's named the default profile but I think over time I tinkered with frequencies and shaker volumes... (I've had to add .txt to the end of the file for it to be allowed, so just rename it to .sipprofile)

Perfect. Just what I was after. Thanks so much.

Upvote 0
Here's a pic of my settings

IMG_20200416_152131_1280x720.jpg

Upvote 0
Thought I'd post an update, in case it helps anyone else out:

Initial impressions were 'this is odd'. I'm not quite sure what I expected it would be like, but the first time experiencing the BK just felt a bit odd and distracting.

I'm very new to this obviously, and I dare say my tastes will change, but what worked for me was to set effects to be quite low volume initially. That way it wasn't too distracting and I could get a feel for it. I also found a really useful video on YT by a guy called 2Old4Forza (I think he may even be a member of this site). In it he explained some of the more nuanced settings -particularly using different frequencies for different outputs.

After now having spent a few hours with the BK, I can safely say I love it. It adds another level of immersion to sim racing. One thing that was a real revelation was having a vibration feedback for brake lock. This definately has the potential to make me a faster driver -now I know 100% when I've locked up, I can brake much closer to the edge.

Finally, anyone considering the BK but has concerns about noise transfer -it is very noisy. I'm using it with an office chair, and anyone in the room below would certainly hear it. I bought some rubber caster cups, and they do help, but anyone with a concern about neighbours etc might want to tread with caution.

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing your profiles. I've just started using SimHub. I have a Buttkicker Gamer 2. After trying out your profiles, reading what Mr Latte had to say and experimenting on my own here is what I've come up with. A lot of my settings are based on Mr Latte and then tweaked to my liking for a single shaker.

*I've only tried my profile out with ACC.

Attachments

• Any Game - ijac.siprofile.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 907
Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing your settings/profiles guys. I recently scored this entire rig for $400 in pristine condition and just purchased my first tactile - BK G2 with SimHub. I got the Playseat edition in hopes the rubber isolator feet will help keep the vibrations on the seat and will probably have the mount soldered on. I'll have it by this weekend and will do my best to dial it in. Is anyone else using a similar seat/cockpit?

Current games:
Assetto Corsa + 20GB of mods
Dirt Rally 2.0

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 573
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 562
Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing your profiles. I've just started using SimHub. I have a Buttkicker Gamer 2. After trying out your profiles, reading what Mr Latte had to say and experimenting on my own here is what I've come up with. A lot of my settings are based on Mr Latte and then tweaked to my liking for a single shaker.

*I've only tried my profile out with ACC.

I just trried your settings in AMS2.

I like some of it, but dislike other bits. I think I will end up making an amalgamation of mine and yours.

I need to spend more time playing around, but initial thoughts are that I like the general road noise feel, but I dislike the gear changing effect (not noticeable), and I REALLY miss the rumble strip effect from mine (it feels really good to hit an apex and to be shaken as a reward!).

I also feel that getting a haptic warning of brake lockup is really beneficial.

Upvote 0
I REALLY miss the rumble strip effect from mine (it feels really good to hit an apex and to be shaken as a reward!).

@Fi22le I prefer a more subtle gear shift effect so makes sense you’d turn that up.

I too love a rumble strip effect but couldn’t get it to work in ACC (may not be possible in ACC? Don’t know). Haven’t tried my setup in AMS 2 yet. Please share your updated profile after tuning the rumble strip effect to your liking. I’d love to check it out. I want to keep fine tuning my setup.

Upvote 0
I just trried your settings in AMS2.

I like some of it, but dislike other bits. I think I will end up making an amalgamation of mine and yours.

@Fi22le I just tried my settings in AMS 2 and your opinion is spot on. The gear shift setting was way too subtle. It felt stronger in ACC.

I spent a little time tuning my settings for AMS 2. Added a stronger gear shift effect (the strength seems to vary from car to car), added kerb effect and wheel lock. I think it's feeling pretty good overall. See what you think!

Attachments

• AMS 2 - ijac.siprofile.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 469
Upvote 0
@Fi22le I just tried my settings in AMS 2 and your opinion is spot on. The gear shift setting was way too subtle. It felt stronger in ACC.

I spent a little time tuning my settings for AMS 2. Added a stronger gear shift effect (the strength seems to vary from car to car), added kerb effect and wheel lock. I think it's feeling pretty good overall. See what you think!

Thanks. I'll give it a try later.

I've also made a new file that is a combination of yours and mine. I'll upload it later.

Upvote 0
I just tried all of the files listed in this thread and none worked for me. Obviously rig setup is very crucial for this. I have the Aurora transducer directly bolted to my bucket seat (south of my bum). :geek:
Maybe you have different shakers and different mounting positions, which would largely influence settings. I tailored mine to my setup (and ACC) obviously.

For what it's worth, maybe a different take on this here for you to check out....

Attachments

• ACC default.siprofile.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0
You guys with a BKG2 are you using the supplied BK amp too, if so can I ask how you've got it setup? I remember when I initially set it up there were quite a few conflicting views on the best way to set it up. I don't know if I've just got used to it or I've inadvertently pressed some switches/moved the high cutoff knob but it no longer feels as impressive as it used to.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea