Cars Simdream LMH/DH

So I've been working on attempting to un-crapify the Simdream LMH/DHs, and it's been very disappointing. I did not think the laziness could not be any more apparent than it is here, but I'll list down what's probably going to be a long list of gripes I have after working on them. I'm aware of the fiasco and negative reputation they have among this community, I'd just like to add more from a "technical" standpoint.

I'll at least list some things of positive note before moving to the more negative aspects below this initial thread starter.

- Sounds line up well for the most part, well done to their sound guy
- It's a "public" release?? Though even that is dubious considering stolen assets are more of their schtick..

Now for what I find to be horrid:

Reflections are blinding compared to other decent cars in my mod list. Why is everything so shiny? Did they not bake in AO before repackaging the (possibly) nicked models?

VERY lazy physics, I'll start with the engines.

After opening every data.acd, a common thing I've observed are completely identical AI files, with the only difference being upshift points, which leads me to believe that the engine files at the very least are crappy Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V jobs.

The higher-revving engines are particularly noteworthy. The Acura ARX-06 routinely upshifts above 9000-9200 rpm because of the shelved Indycar engine, but the shift points in the physics file only reach 8300, and it's a similar story with the Vanwall as well, with the high-revving Gibson V8. The Caddy is less unrealistic since it doesn't seem to shift above 8700 in WEC or IMSA, but my point still stands. Even lower-revving cars like the Glickenhaus are a victim in the opposite direction, because the Glick in particular never shifts above 8000.

Also, what's up with the AI drivers themselves? They don't seem to have any awareness, and that's from someone that tries to tweak the AI within the data.acd files when faster track AI doesn't exist yet. Were they also lazy with the colliders? (I am totally not compensating for not being able to afford/mount a wheel and pedals)

Even some of the aero parameters are copypasted, IIRC the Acura and Ferrari's front aero are number-per-number the exact same.

In summation, these are barely any more unique than how modern GT500 cars are made, silhouettes with relatively the same guts underneath. And for 5-6 Euros each, when a URD Glick or RSS not-a-M Hybrid cost a portion?? I'd rather not tell where I got these mods, but I had to get these without squandering the little money I already had, and even then, I'm still disappointed. I wonder how they'll even bother doing the upcoming Valkyrie (I looked at their comment sections for this) and the tested Isotta, especially the former with its very high-revving V12. How will they cover that up?

Shame on them, because I really like the ARX-06 as a prototype, and its equivalent here is what I used as a base to try and polish the rest of the field. Shame, shame on you Scamdream. The lack of effort really shows in places that aren't much of a spec series, with actual variety beyond imitating plenty of concepts a la F1 and Super GT's GT500 class.

Everyone is welcome to nitpick or add to my criticisms below!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea