Sim Racing: The Big Mid Season Review - Part 1

Thanks for you explanation but this isn't a reliable way of judging popularity. especially when rFactor has an inbuilt facility to convert replays to video which GTR2 doesn't, so its far easier to make YouTube videos with rFactor.

Come on, nobody uses that... maximum resolution avaiable is 800x600, so enough said.

Anyway you can use other metrics, like number of new mods being released...

Or forum action:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/gtr-2.124/
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/rfactor.10/

Last edited:
Well I get the sentiment but maybe it should look more like this.

Assetto Corsa

1408969375807.png

AMS
View attachment 148197

It's funny, because for me AMS looks much more sharp and defined than AC. Lacks other visual things, but surely not that.

I think the reality is, sim racers are cheap arses when comes to software, spend thousands on hardware but theyll be damned if gonna spend more than 50 bux on software
While I tend to agree with you about people crying over trivial costs in sim racing. I still would like to to see costs kept low because not everyone has 1000's of dollars of equipment and I like big grids.:)

Great to be alive in these great simracing times with lots of great titles, simracing has finally got its shine back that it had in thay haydays of Simbin with GTR2, which somehow is still great to play and a lot of stuff that came right after that was garbage, but now with AC and AMS and in some sense Pcars we are back

While I tend to agree with you about people crying over trivial costs in sim racing. I still would like to to see costs kept low because not everyone has 1000's of dollars of equipment and I like big grids.:)

Marco said the next pack with the 488 GTB et. al. would be very reasonably priced, I'd expect it to be cheaper than the Jap Pack which was only $5. So, maybe $3? I'm sure most of us have $3 in loose coin under our couch cushions. :thumbsup:

Anyway you can use other metrics, like number of new mods being released...

Or forum action:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/gtr-2.124/
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/rfactor.10/

Now I understand - you are living in the RaceDepartment bubble. Its certainly true that at RaceDepartment GTR2 is not as popular as rFactor. Visit other forums such as NoGrip and you'll find GTR2 is way more popular than rF1, both in new mods released and forum action. Not that forum posts or mods released actually shows how many people are playing a game. There is no way to accurately determine whether rF1 is currently way more popular than GTR2.

Marco said the next pack with the 488 GTB et. al. would be very reasonably priced, I'd expect it to be cheaper than the Jap Pack which was only $5. So, maybe $3? I'm sure most of us have $3 in loose coin under our couch cushions. :thumbsup:
LOL, missed the point of my post by a mile. ;). Sorry but when it comes to DLC's it's multiple unfinished sims dividing the community then sub-dividing even more with DLC's. Hopefully it will all work itself out one day.

LOL, missed the point of my post by a mile. ;). Sorry but when it comes to DLC's it's multiple unfinished sims dividing the community then sub-dividing even more with DLC's. Hopefully it will all work itself out one day.

Ok. Well you said you hoped costs would be kept low and I thought $3-5 is pretty low (that's less than a pint in my neck of the woods).

Ok. Well you said you hoped costs would be kept low and I thought $3-5 is pretty low (that's less than a pint in my neck of the woods).
I understand what you were saying.:) I was just pointing out a much bigger picture and there is a lot of folks with a limited budget and the less division the better for all of us in our micro-niche hobby.

Now I understand - you are living in the RaceDepartment bubble. Its certainly true that at RaceDepartment GTR2 is not as popular as rFactor. Visit other forums such as NoGrip and you'll find GTR2 is way more popular than rF1, both in new mods released and forum action. Not that forum posts or mods released actually shows how many people are playing a game. There is no way to accurately determine whether rF1 is currently way more popular than GTR2.

You convinced me, David. I live in a bubble and Youtube doesn't count because rF has a video exporter that nobody uses.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies