SIM-PLICITY??

I have been in the market for a new wheel. I have searched long and hard to move into the DD market but I am having a hard tome prying DD money out of my budget then I find Sim-Plicity, Humm........... sounds like a real good deal but I cant get anyone over there to answer any questions I have like: what all comes with their wheel packages? does it come with a wheel or is it just the motor ect. does it come with pedals? You know stupid questions to some but to someone looking for answers to their pictures or lack there of they are kinda important. well to me anyways. even the descriptions to them is shotty. (well to me anyways) Does anyone know anything about them? I have a Playstation version of the Fanatec CSL Elite V1.1. I love the wheel dont get me wrong but I think it is time for an upgrade but, Fanatec DD1's are too expensive for me anyways (single dad of 2) and when I spend that kind of money I want to know as much about it as possible. I'm sure I'm not alone on that one and not being able to get a response is kinda troubling to say the least. Well in my eyes anyways so I am asking here about the whats, what nots, who's and whens on these wheels and any other info I can get. Thanks for reading

Hi Dan ,
To answer your questions , you will need pedals and a steering wheel .
Everything else is included , even a mounting bracket .
There are some unboxing and reviews on youtube to give you an idea .
I am in the proces of ordering one but but when i reached the checkout it seems they only accept credit cards .
I don't have one so tried contacting them with the contact form and also there sales e-mail adress butt getting no response of them .
Weird but with the coronavirus you might expect these things i guess .

Upvote 0
I am in the proces of ordering one but but when i reached the checkout it seems they only accept credit cards .
When I ordered mine, Paypal was also an option. But then it turned out the exchange rates (GBP → EUR) Paypal offered were ridiculously bad, I switched to CC payment and saved some EUR 50,-. (Yes, that bad.)

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
I had a very bad experience with this DD (The 20Nm one).
I bought it last year and I had to send it back because it was faulty.
But the real issue is, it's not an OSW, it doesn't work with simucube, it's a propriatary driver and proprietary software.

You can see a few Youtube videos saying this is an OSW, and that was true back then, but not anymore.

That said, it may work just fine.
But mine wasn't, it worked ok for a while and suddenly, no more force feedback, I had to turn it off and back on to kinda "reset" the power unit.
I happened sometimes after half an hour, sometimes two or three time in 10 minutes.

A software update made some improvement, I didn't have to restart the system anymore but the FF issue was still there, imagine, the FF cut for like 2 seconds and come back again.

Sometimes, when turning it on, the wheel was rotating full speed, It almost snatch my button plate cable, and fun part the emergency button haven't done anything, I had to turn off the power unit.

Sorry if I made some english mistakes, Corsican guy. :p

Upvote 0
@Natalucciu It annoys me that people still can’t read or look good. The 20Nm you are talking about is the SW20 V3. The one with OSW is SW20 V2. Just look.

The v3 using his own in-house software. Not that much settings but good enough to get a good experience.
Then your problem, i would say you had a good experience because you had help and could return your product. And with simucube, fanatec, Thrustmaster, Logitech all those brands have faulty products once in an while. Could happen.

@dan piontek
Take your time to read things on their website. On the sim-plicity website I could easily see what’s included.
Included are:
  • SW13C+ Control Unit
  • MiGE 110ST-M06030 with 8M cpr absolute encoder
  • 2 metre shielded motor power cable
  • 2 metre shielded motor encoder cable
  • 1x 2 metre USB Data Cable
  • Motor Shaft to Steering Wheel Adapter
  • 80/20 compatible motor mount with Universal base plate
  • Location specific Power Cable
2 year warranty

So, not included: a wheel and pedals. Because I can’t find them in the included list.

they only thing that is missing for me: PC only. No support for PS4 or Xbox.
And the list for compatible games. But every racegame would work :)

Then about the slow answers on mail: they are running it with 1/2 people.
On this moment when we look on te market: simucube sold out, fanatec on most sold out, Thrustmaster s pricing gone to the roof because stock got low, Logitech the same. Soo everyone has it busy on the moment.
And this is a small company give them some time.

above some one send a link to a Facebook group. I am in it as well for 5 months now. But last month, the grown really really fast. Insane.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry if annoyed you, it wasn't my intention.
I just wanted to share my experience.
Do what ever you want with your money.
I'm just saying OSW DD is reliable and you can find help anywhere online.
With this intentionnaly "SW20" called DD you won't and if you have any issue with it, you'll have to deal with the company itself.
Yes I haven't be able to read correctly it wasn't an OSW system, I blindly trust Youtubers and if I made the mistake, someone else may do the same.
You do whatever you want with your money, I'm not here to say "Don't buy this" but "Be careful not making the same mistake I made".
That's all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unfortunately I have the same experience at the moment. Ordered April 15th in stock, sent them a mail with a question about the bracket. I won’t bother you guys with everything but fast forward to today: 3 emails in total sent. None of them replied, no wheel and no sign of life whatsoever.

Upvote 0
Dissapointing story.
I feel with you guys - and I really hope this is not what it looks like.
I found this thread because I wondered if I maybe should buy this wheel.
But I have to say that nothing could get me to pay money to such kind of company.
Hope you get it solved guys:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: And @ao1977 you dont need to ask your silly question again :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
@BrunoB to be fair: I know some people (like 5, personally so not over internet or something) who received their hardware and are really really happy with it. So I still can’t believe we’ll be scammed or anything. But the lack of communication is alarming
I take your word for it - ofcourse :thumbsup:
But the problem with such awfull bad treatment of paying customers is that you dont need too many bad experiences to outweight a lot of good ones.
And seen from my perspective there is no excuse for not even answering some of these paying customers - after you have taken their money:rolleyes:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: How many minutes would it have taken to send an explaining mail?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea