Sim lab Formula Cockpit

Hi guys;
I only have a playseat challenge and find it really hard to enjoy racing because of the lack of comfort (especially because I’ve had surgery on my back/neck 3 times in the last 2 years) and general build quality etc that comes with that product. I’m considering buying a gt1 evo and speed1 seat but I saw sim labs social media talking about their new formula rig. I don’t know when they’re coming out and how much they cost so it’s really hard to decide if I wait. If it’s going to cost €1200+ or something crazy then it’s not worth it. I don’t mind spending maximum £800 if it included the seat. What do you recommend I do? I much prefer formula racing to any other ‘genre’.
Thanks

For me, a GT style rig is more comfortable, and applies to far more sim 'traffic' types than a F1 style cockpit. Obviously your preference may be different, but I can race comfortably for hours in my rig, and wouldn't change it.

For my money, GT1 Evo, and a decent seat. Go !

Upvote 0
George I have a P1. I have had major neck surgery too. It is extremely comfortable with a Sparco Rev seat but if I were to do it all over I'd get the reclinable Sparco as it's not always easy to get the seat reclined enough due to how they mount and the brackets that come with sim labs rigs.
Reclining seats on any sim lab product would be perfect. Also if you like F1 style check the new P1 x that has a new pedal deck whick can be setup much higher and would be essentially GT/F1 hybrid. Id say you wouldn't get much comfier than that.

Upvote 0
Don't be afraid to talk to sim-lab about what you want and how it could be customised. Darko spent ages with me customising my gt1 evo so that I got exactly what I wanted. Their customer service is first class. To get and F1 position you'll probably want taller extrusions for the pedals (and maybe steering wheel too) so they can be mounted higher up.

Upvote 0
George I have a P1. I have had major neck surgery too. It is extremely comfortable with a Sparco Rev seat but if I were to do it all over I'd get the reclinable Sparco as it's not always easy to get the seat reclined enough due to how they mount and the brackets that come with sim labs rigs.
Reclining seats on any sim lab product would be perfect. Also if you like F1 style check the new P1 x that has a new pedal deck whick can be setup much higher and would be essentially GT/F1 hybrid. Id say you wouldn't get much comfier than that.
Thank you for your reply and I hope your neck is recovering well mate.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back