F1 2010 Silverstone - Great Britain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
@reflecting god.
With a Sauber in career mode: 2nd in race. Thanks for your setup. Very good, the car is fast and stable. Wings put the right grip. I tried other setups in this thread; I prefer reflectin god's one.
Enjoy!:cool:

Try This setup, it does work good on tops cars, haven't tried it on a lower spec car though

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Large

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 10

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox

Gear 1: 145 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 182 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 211 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 240 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 272 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 310 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 354 kph / xxx mph

Engine

Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed amount

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.05
Toe rear: 0.20

Time achieved in Time Trial : 1.25.820

I had trouble cutting turn 1 sharp enough while maintaining a decent speed and had the same problem the following chicanes. I tried the other setups but my best results were with my own. I sort of frankenteined the more favorable aspects from setups i liked(balance and suspension) but the majority is from my own testing. This setup feels stable while braking yet still responsive around turns. I can easily get consistent 1:32's or 1:31's if i really push. Setup used with Red Bull Renault.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 47% - R 53%
Pressure: high
Brake Size: small

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 70% - R 30%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 8
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 8

Gearbox
Gear 1: 79 mph
Gear 2: 98 mph
Gear 3: 117 mph
Gear 4: 136 mph
Gear 5: 158 mph
Gear 6: Default
Gear 7: Default

Engine
Fuel: N/A

Alignment
Camber front: -1.5
Toe front: 0.13
Toe rear: 0.44

for the first corner i feather the brake a little early and i end up with more exit speed that i did with higher downforce or changed weight/brake bias(left me surprised too). and as for the chicane, it's obvious i won't get 'optimum' speed but it's a perfect compromise between speed and cornering and gave me the quickest first sector times

follow the one that i posted.. works great..

is that good for time trial or genral use in custom online gp mode, on sunday 50% race distance tounament race.i tried it on time trial its really bad so is it for custom gp then i havent tried it out yet becuase its 1 am right now and is they a way you could test to see which is better in custom gp mode other than time trial becuase it doesnt help atall thanks.

i didnt get you.. wats really bad on time trial???

i have played with this setup on online race too.. and it worked fine for me.. why dont you create a gp session and try out the setting.. and give it a go yourself.. you would know then..

i didnt get you.. wats really bad on time trial???

i have played with this setup on online race too.. and it worked fine for me.. why dont you create a gp session and try out the setting.. and give it a go yourself.. you would know then..
yh i tried you set up on custom gp and its slower than the dryiest quick set up in qualiy and in the race anyway thanks anyway

After coming off a great 3 race winning streak before Silverstone (one of my favorite tracks too, why is it my favorites are the ones that dont suit my style) I've got issues with some of the setups here. All of them dont give enough turn in for my liking. I need something that turns in well, but is stable on the exit. All of the setups I've tried aren't turning in hard enough for my liking and are understeering badly. What do I need to adjust to get more turn in?

I'm clocking in around the 1:40 mark for qaulifying btw, low fuel all these setups give great turn in. But fully loaded I can't get the car to do what I want it to.

This is my first custom setup so im just going to post it on this site if people will check it out and see how good it really is when a good driver uses it so feel free to use it and let me know what you think

It was my career car Lotus

Track: Silverstone (Dry)

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Brake Size: Standard (No other choice)
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40% - R 60%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 7
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6
Gearbox
Gear 1: 136 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 170 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 205 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 242 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 322 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 369 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Fuel: N/A
AlignmentCamber front: -1.50
Toe front: 0.12
Toe rear: 0.41

Time: 1:26:444
Great setup,just shortened last two gears to 319,362
1.29.760 in Q, 1.29.389 in race. I think 1.28.5- 1.28.3 is possible,but 1.26.444 in LOTUS,it's hard to believe. Qual pos 2 MASSA 1.31.3
Season 2 RBR,autogears,ABS,medium traction AI-Legend PC

Hello fellow racers,

thanks to all who posted their setups, it´s really appreciated.
I´m on my first year in career mode with virgin and I had major problems with the track in practice and with the setups posted in this thread.
Not saying they are not good or anything, but they don´t seem to work with the virgin car.

So I figured I woud try to alter my setup for suiting my needs.
Mostly the car didn´t turn in well on corners and the gears seemed to be off to the speeds in the corners too.
In general I felt the car was to quick in the corners with too low on the revs so it was difficult for me to maintain a good speed to rev ratio to accelerate out of the corners.

So I started with general setup, the most right on the quick setup menu and reduced the gear ratios to lower speeds.
Now I feel the car kinda does what it should. I´m not blazingly fast on this track now, besides I had a hattrick on the 3 races before and took first place on 2nd difficulty level. I think there is still room for improvement with the car setup and me learning the track.
My times are mostly in the 1.37 to 1.36 area, anyways here is my virgin setup:

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 4

Braking

Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Brake Size: Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox

Gear 1: 142 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 175 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 207 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 237 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 272 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 307 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 347 kph / xxx mph

Engine

Throttle map: Standard
Fuel: Fixed

Alignment

Camber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.11
Toe rear: 0.35

hope it helps some people with the virgin. Tell me what you think about it.

Cheers

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea