Should ACC have safety cars and FCY rules also how important to you is their not being in the game.

So i suppose the devs of GTR2, indycar racing, etc etc were either super human, had a time machine, or what?
They simply decided to distribute their priorities differently, that's all really.
And those decisions happen to be more in line with your taste.

You don't need to be sorry for me man :D You just happen to have a different opinion from mine, it's all fine.

Last edited:
Rules are very important to me personally. It's what sets motorsport aside from a joyride, and lack of details like SC phase in modern games is the reason I am sticking to GTR2. Unfortunately, in a modern replacement of GTR2 - rF2 those things seem not to be a priority. I tried getting into other games, but lack of that motorsport feel in them brings me back into those older isiMotor games. Both F1 like SC phase/VSC and oval racing FCY are important. Also, formation/standing start procedure, is rF2 the only game that implements it?

There are two more things that I am struggling with in newer games: ghosting, in pits, during formation etc. Also, damage models. In some ways, older isiMotor games still have richer, better damage models compared to newer games. iRacing is actually very promising in all of the above, but it still lacks rain, still has no tire flat spotting and AI is available only for a subset cars.

I would trade super accurate physics and tire models for more attention to details like rules. I'd like to see more games like Codemasters F1 series (but with VR support, nothing is perfect :D ), where game tries to actually replicate the series, not just vehicle/tire behavior.

Just my vote :)

PS: sorry, didn't realize I am in ACC section of the forum :grimacing: I'll just say I still hope ACC gets SC phase and allows disabling ghosting in offline. That would be amazing.

Last edited:
The things that concern me about ACC are not this, they are poor track limits sensors that do not in any way simulate what actually happens at the tracks in the game vs the real world, the garbage SA system that penalises you enormously for everything no matter the fault yet takes hours on end to recoup and the only way you can do it is to put trust in every single driver you race against to be within .3 of a second of them, ridiculous, unrealistic and frankly not fit for purpose. . And the fact that there is very little to do other than play online,

Its a big area that is lacking in a lot of the sims in how they simulate racing currently, the rule book of racing in having all the flags and their implementation. The focus has been on driving simulation and a lot less on racing simulation, they often forget to put a lot of the game/sport in around the driving.

Where do you draw the line at rule implementation though?

Yes, safety cars are a part of real-world motorsports. So are weather-induced red flags.

Would we really want to setup an hour long race with random weather, only for the game to decide to set a continuous deluge of rain, run the safety car for two laps and then red-flag the race (as happened at the Belgium GP last year)?

Fully simulating safety car deployment (including the correct circumstances to trigger SC deployment as well as the correct length of the SC period) sounds like a substantial amount of work for pretty limited player benefit. If there is indeed any benefit at all...

Would we really want to setup an hour long race with random weather, only for the game to decide to set a continuous deluge of rain, run the safety car for two laps and then red-flag the race (as happened at the Belgium GP last year)?
TBH, I'd actually like to have that in a sim some time as an option for championships, where such stuff happens in RL and can influence the outcome at the end. I don't see much sense in that for single races though and I would'nt wat to have it on permanently, because this is still a game and I'm not doing my racing full time but just for an hour or two when the time is available.

Same with things like getting stuck in sand traps or crashes that leave debris and cars on the track which need a few laps to be cleared - seeing the progress as you pass by - and requiring VSC or SC to be deployed.

Moving from the Challengers Pack DLC discussion.
I tend to regard GTR2 as the gold standard of racing game releases, it had a safety car but in all the hours I've played I don't remember it ever being deployed.
So although it would be nice I don't regard it as essential.

By default SC threshold is set too high so SC never goes out in GTR2 : open your PLR and go to line 113 and set
xxxxx Full Course Yellows="1"
xxxxx Safety Car Threshold="1.0"
xxxxx Flag Rules="2"

Now you will see full course yellow and safety car after any crash :)

xxxxx represents each section : CURRENT, PRACTICE, QUICKRACE CHAMPIONSHIP, etc...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.