SHO Competition FFB For Race 07 Experimenting

Shovas

Premium
I reinstalled Race 07 today and got caught up in tuning my GTR2/GTL settings to Race 07, since their PLRs are so similar, and ended up with what I feel is a really great experience.

I've attached my PLR, copy the file into your UserData\ControlSet folder and select from the options menu -OR- copy&paste the lines from "FFB Device Name" to "FFB jolt magnitude" into your own UserData\ControlSet RCS file to avoid overriding non-FFB settings. Remember to backup your original file.

I use an AccuForce V1 direct drive wheel but the settings should work fine for non-direct drive wheels.

Some cars, like the Corvette C6R have heavy FFB while cars like the SR3 have very light FFB. If you find FFB too light then turn it up in-game. In my settings it's at 70% which avoids clipping. Make sure you're avoiding clipping. An alternative to in-game ffb strength is to edit the PLR and increase "Steer force output max". This tends to work well with non-direct drive wheels. You can probably tune up to 1.30 without much clipping.

Attachments

• SHO Competition FFB.rcs
    23.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I've attached my PLR, copy the file into your UserData\ControlSet folder and select from the options menu -OR- copy&paste the lines from "FFB Device Name" to "FFB jolt magnitude" into your own UserData\ControlSet RCS file to avoid overriding non-FFB settings. Remember to backup your original file.

Updated for latest SHO Competition FFB tweaks:

- Grip Weight and Grip Factor tweaked to include some grip info from the backend tires so that when they get loose you lose wheel weight a bit more than you would to tell you more about what's going on.

- Disabled Rumble Strip effect ("FFB rumble strip magnitude" and "FFB rumble strip pull factor") as rumble strips already have forces from the basic physical geometry of the strips, in-game.

Last edited:
- Disabled Rumble Strip effect ("FFB rumble strip magnitude" and "FFB rumble strip pull factor") as rumble strips already have forces from the basic physical geometry of the strips, in-game.

? Race 07 are a little strange with that !
'FFB rumble strip pull factor' is not activated for whatever reason by default.
But by editing the menu you can activate 'FFB rumble strip pull factor' but I have not figured out how to make it adjustable in the menu

Make a backup of OptionControls.MNU file in UIData folder and copy this one into UIData folder.
There are a few other entries I have been playing with too.
They are in Option/ Controls menu
And just by putting this one in you can clearly feel the rumple strip pull the wheels up
By default the "FFB rumble strip pull factor" =-1.5000000 Which is equal to -50%
Putting it to -1.35000 might be a more reasonable number?

Have to figure out how to edit the Controlset files from the Menu?

This is now an official Race 07 mod here:

I really, really like these settings. Race 07 itself feels really good when ffb is dialed in. Try the Matech-Ford GT1 at the 24H Nurburging:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back