Shanghai International Circuit facelift extension

Tracks Shanghai International Circuit facelift extension 0.91

Login or Register an account to download this content
BoBaHK submitted a new resource:

Shanghai International Circuit facelift extension - Shanghai International Circuit crowds and reshade

This is an extension for china_2021 track. Simply copy over the content of the folder.

Changes:
- crowds! Simple and fps-friendly 2d crowds on all those massive stands, ready to cheer F1 and WEC events alike. Some are even waving animated flags!
- symmetrical trees in the original track were annoying me - had to chop all those and plant new trees, in a carbon-friendly way
- grass and kerbs were reshaded to add wear&tear for more immersion
- some material tweaks

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

....So I can't for the life of me figure out how to install this or any other of your updates, what am I missing? Tried installing via CM of course but it couldn't find the required files to update, and even plastering the tracks map url absolutely full of the .rar-archive isn't working. What extremely obvious thing am I missing?

....So I can't for the life of me figure out how to install this or any other of your updates, what am I missing? Tried installing via CM of course but it couldn't find the required files to update, and even plastering the tracks map url absolutely full of the .rar-archive isn't working. What extremely obvious thing am I missing?
I am afraid CM can't correctly place the files for extensions automatically. But the zip archive is structured in a way that it should be super-easy to copy the files manually in the right place:
1. extension requires you to have CSP installed. If you don't have CSP - definitely start there. (sorry if this is obvious, but in case you are new to AC - there are plenty of youtube tutorials to guide you there)
2. find the location of AC installation on your drive (through steam or from CM)
3. open the archive and copy the "content" folder inside the archive over the "content" folder on your disk. This way only new files will be added to your existing folder (it will overwrite existing extensions that you might have for the same track, but will not affect other tracks/content)
4. Run the track through CM, as normal

Hope this helps. The installation process is very common and consistent with a lot of other bits of the content found on this website, such as skins, so hope you will find this knowledge useful in the future.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 60.2%