setup school

a lot of people know only theory, a school that teach really what every setup does to the car handling. With a little scenario for each part to setup (before/after).
For example run through speed corners with low aerodynamics and a straight line. then swap to high aerodynamics and do the same => + some compare result tools.

I like this idea :)

Edit: And what if your idea was part of a corner practice option? Like in Gran Turismo where you can practice a few corners of a track.

Last edited:
My two cents worth on setups is this. In the garage you have a list of every setup for any track/car , that anyone has ever made. Thousands of distinct setups for every track/car combo, ranked by the time set with each setup. Some people would choose a slower setup, to improve handling, and others would put up with the fastest setup, which would be on by default. Setups could have names like the Ripplerider, for doing Sandown Raceway, where going hard over the bumps is important. Others could be "Soft on left", for where a track has bumps on the left, and not on the right, like most American circuit races. You get my drift I hope. That way, anyone can make any setup that they want, and every one is kept forever, so you can pick and choose from prefab setups, done by people who know what they're doing when you are learning, and later, make your own when you know enough to have a valid opinion.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea