Setup Fanatec in Automobilista 2

I recently got a fanatec wheel base (clubsport DD) with steering wheel and pedals. In contrast to Logitech, it is more complicated to make the settings in AMS 2. Can someone tell me which steering wheel selection I have to make in AMS 2 and are there perhaps tried and tested config files that I can use? I cant find anything about that i´via google. Every Fanatec-setup I choose in AMS 2 Ihave to reassign every function (Acceleration, brake, steering etc.)

I recently got a fanatec wheel base (clubsport DD) with steering wheel and pedals. In contrast to Logitech, it is more complicated to make the settings in AMS 2. Can someone tell me which steering wheel selection I have to make in AMS 2 and are there perhaps tried and tested config files that I can use? I cant find anything about that i´via google. Every Fanatec-setup I choose in AMS 2 Ihave to reassign every function (Acceleration, brake, steering etc.)
I have the DD+ with the Clubsport Hub. I haven't found a decent Fanatec specific option that works, but for me this is not surprising as I have been digging into the way the wheelbase reports the pedals for another project and it seems to expose them in two separate HID reports with no indication which one is the active one so anything reading them doesn't know which one to pick. I'm guessing it's a compatibility thing for old wheelbases....

I just use the 'custom' option and assign everything manually. It didn't take long and if you have trouble with any aspect of it I am happy to try and help.

Same I'm running a DD1 with a few different wheels and also just do the custom setup. It doesn't actually take that long you just have to have a think about what works best for you, you can always create one then copy it to create a few different variations.

Here is a really good place to start. Download the latest version of Fanalab and install it. Start it before starting AMS2 and it will automatically configure the wheel with the recommended settings. If you want to do it manually, you can find both the recommended wheel and game settings in the Fanatec forum (below). In fact you should configure your game to the recommended settings before running Fanalab. Then tweak your settings to your liking. Do what @GeekyDeaks recommends above and program you buttons and axis custom instead of using a preset.

Fanatec recommended AMS2 settings:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes