Set up for Dummies

Would it be possible if people have time to do a real simpletons guide to set ups? I mean real simple lol. I and others no doubt would benifit from this. I hear all the words about different things the cars are doing but that's all they are to me lol just words. Things like oversteer and understeer. Toe, camber, trial braking and numerous others. I've tried to read guides but it's like a foreign language sometimes and I just stick with the default settings all the time. I want to go faster and I need to keep doing the laps but I really don't understand what or how the car does what it does. If anyone else is same as me then please post in here and maybe some kind soul will take us under their wing and help. I'm not an idiot but when it comes to cars, well I am lol I'm a dummy.

just one point before i go, by the way i absolutely agree with your comments.
i did not choose my words correctly, drifting is a poor description of what i meant, it’s
that speed were you are on the very edge of adhesion, a bit more and you slid off,
a bit less and you are on rails. That is the 2 or 3km/hr that make the difference between
ordinary and fast.
could be wrong on that, at the moment that’s the bit i am trying to find. no hope:geek:
I agree!
The questions are:
Can the setup achieve the limit on all 4 wheels through that turn?
Is it your inputs that simply restrict to get to the limit?
Or do you just not push yourself enough?

Sometimes you can see clear differences like in my telemetry above. Sometimes it all looks the same but the measured speed is just 3 km/h more.
I have to say without telemetry I would be stuck forever, lol.
Luckily I'm good at Motec stuff or just graphs and pc programs in general and I also have my sources for "good" motec files.
I'm always happy to provide my own laps of course to everyone! :)

I was thinking a similar things last days! Thank you man, Just a question...bumps in generally or more sepcific fast and slow bumps-rebound?

Grazie per la dritta, cercavo esattamente una cosa del genere. Ora dovrò tradurlo ma è un ottima cosa per chi vuole limare quei decimi e non sa come fare, orientativamente qualcosina del genere lo avevo in testa ma non sono un meccanico e una guida del genere è utilissima

“ Thank you” again Rasmus, :thumbsup: i am going to have to do a lot of pondering ( thinking ) on this particular
subject.

I will have to get the MoTec out again and give it another go.

Yes, without ( hopefully ), not putting you on the spot, a plot of a GT3 car at Silverstone GP,
( any circuit will do, though, not Nordscliefe , cannot take anymore of that circuit )
I will need an occasional bit of help with MoTec , but the good news is that, basically, i know how to
use MoTec.

There is a brighter side to this, i will not be bothering you for many months at least.;)

Just to say, i always race with something in hand, only really pushing for a specific reason.
in those circumstances, it would be nice to have a bit of extra consistency in the tank ( so to speak ).
I really like the ebb and flow of the mid field, being at the “pointy end” is not for me.:)
i especially like racing again the number of people i have got to know on my race department
journey.:) particularly enjoy watching them improve to the point where i am struggling to keep
up with them. ( life's a bugger at times ):confused:

i have Phil’s car setups, will use one of those when the time is right.:thumbsup:

“ Thank you” again Rasmus, :thumbsup: i am going to have to do a lot of pondering ( thinking ) on this particular
subject.

I will have to get the MoTec out again and give it another go.

Yes, without ( hopefully ), not putting you on the spot, a plot of a GT3 car at Silverstone GP,
( any circuit will do, though, not Nordscliefe , cannot take anymore of that circuit )
I will need an occasional bit of help with MoTec , but the good news is that, basically, i know how to
use MoTec.

There is a brighter side to this, i will not be bothering you for many months at least.;)

Just to say, i always race with something in hand, only really pushing for a specific reason.
in those circumstances, it would be nice to have a bit of extra consistency in the tank ( so to speak ).
I really like the ebb and flow of the mid field, being at the “pointy end” is not for me.:)
i especially like racing again the number of people i have got to know on my race department
journey.:) particularly enjoy watching them improve to the point where i am struggling to keep
up with them. ( life's a bugger at times ):confused:

i have Phil’s car setups, will use one of those when the time is right.:thumbsup:
I have an ac and rF2 "workspace" aka preset for Motec ready to share.
Also can provide a rF2 mclaren 720s gt3 setup for Silverstone and telemetry from a pretty decent lap (qualy p3 in an RD race).

I am assuming that motec will not mind sharing RF2 telemetry with AC telemetry !!!
I do not have RF2 anymore, no room on my PC.
But the AC workspace would be a big help, I always have far to much stuff going on, not really knowing
what is relevant, then confusing myself with excessive information.

Finally retiring to a darkened room for an extended rest.:geek:

the only reason for Silverstone is the Nissan works well there, brands hatch GP too.

I am assuming that motec will not mind sharing RF2 telemetry with AC telemetry !!!
I do not have RF2 anymore, no room on my PC.
But the AC workspace would be a big help, I always have far to much stuff going on, not really knowing
what is relevant, then confusing myself with excessive information.

Finally retiring to a darkened room for an extended rest.:geek:

the only reason for Silverstone is the Nissan works well there, brands hatch GP too.
I'll create a separate thread :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea