F1 2011 semi-auto gearbox?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I would love to use manual gears but I have a difficult time in the corners. I find the most comfortable position for my hands is at 10 and 2.... and that doesn't work for manual gear shifting on the wheel.

I wish there was a semi-automatic gear option, so you could shift up or down if the auto transmission was in the wrong gear. I notice this happens in Malaysia in turn 5 and 6. The optimal gear at the apex of 5 seems to be to shift down from 6 to 5 but the auto transmission wants to stay in 6. The only way to get it to drop to the correct gear is to tap the brakes which takes more speed off. It would be awesome if i could just downshift to the correct gear.

There was a Playstation F1 game (F1 97 maybe?) that worked like this... it was awesome. I could slow for the corners more by downshifting manually, but let the game take care of the up shifting. And if i found i was bogged down in a top gear when i should be a gear lower i could just downshift.

Should i give up and just switch to Manual shifting? how long would it take me to get it right?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.