Second Attempt

I am considering purchasing rFactor2 but not sure after playing the current demo (with the Civic). It may the car as this car is not close to what I would want to race and being FWD the FFB feels very strange. Also, with the current crop of sims I am short on time as it is (pCARS, AC, GSCE, R3E/DTM,...) BUT I am a sucker for a good racing sim and if nothing else like to know how all of the sims compare.
Is fFactor2 a good and approachable "off-line" sim (not overly hard to race without spending hours turning) with good AI? I understand there is quite a bit of mods available but are most good for AI racing? Not knocking AC as I like it for what it is but I usually have to stick with the Kunos content if I want a half way decent AI race. GSCE provides the best AI racing in my opinion.
As you can see, I am trying to talk myself into another sim - one that I some doubts on its long-term support and is more than a hot-lapper.

I am considering purchasing rFactor2 but not sure after playing the current demo (with the Civic). It may the car as this car is not close to what I would want to race and being FWD the FFB feels very strange. Also, with the current crop of sims I am short on time as it is (pCARS, AC, GSCE, R3E/DTM,...) BUT I am a sucker for a good racing sim and if nothing else like to know how all of the sims compare.
Is fFactor2 a good and approachable "off-line" sim (not overly hard to race without spending hours turning) with good AI? I understand there is quite a bit of mods available but are most good for AI racing? Not knocking AC as I like it for what it is but I usually have to stick with the Kunos content if I want a half way decent AI race. GSCE provides the best AI racing in my opinion.
As you can see, I am trying to talk myself into another sim - one that I some doubts on its long-term support and is more than a hot-lapper.

With the new update you can tune each AI driver with different abilities and even give them different setups you create.

The default AI abilities are IMO very good, even with 3rd party mods. Problably compareable with GSCE.

rF2 has the potential to simulate virtual any real racer from flag rules, safety-car procedures, weather etc,...

All these options can be fine tuned. Unfortunately in a not so user friendly way. Some setting has be edited in ini files.

But if you have any question. Just create a thread here and the community will help you out.

Last edited:
The Civic has very different feedback to every other car (including the other fwd car - the Clio). RWD cars are completely diiferent.

I think rF2 has the best ffb although I haven't tried pCars or iRacing.

AI is mostly excellent imo.

Is the URD mod only a group of cars or is there more to it.

It is 5 or 6 GT cars and one of them being the Vette which is free or a demo if you like.
They also have the T series which mimicks the DTM series.

Just saying check the demo before you buy something as there is a demo. :)
I have all the cars from them and have spend loads of time with the GT's.
But you never now right, some people like this some that and so on.

I believe there are also some prototype cars to come but don't ask when.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.