Seat belt tensioners installed on the seat?

What models of seat belt tensioners are there that can be installed on the back of the bucket seat, not on the frame of the profile of your cockpit? I'm using a seat mover and attaching the tensioner to the cockpit could damage the motors. So, I need something that can be installed on the seat and moves with it. I think RCHeliguy has a G-belt installed on the back of his seat and I wonder how complex is that kind of installation and if it's sturdy enough. Aren't there more solutions or ideas for this? I understand it's not easy because of the many models of seats and the rounded shapes of the surfaces.

Hi Elaphe,

The very compact belt tensioner from Flag-ghost would work for your application. It tensions only two belts but this makes it so compact since it's just the 90st servo with belt rollers attached to the motor shaft. Reach out to him. I think he sells his building instructions.

Best,
Hoernle

What models of seat belt tensioners are there that can be installed on the back of the bucket seat, not on the frame of the profile of your cockpit?
Hobby robot servo tensioners can be minimal, with robot arms inserted in straps
and pulleys installed in the shoulder strap ports
IMG_20210806_100127.jpg

Couldn't you just attach your belts to your rig and when the seatmover tilts you forward the belts automatically tighten? Maybe some elastic straps for mounting.

Couldn't you just attach your belts to your rig and when the seatmover tilts you forward the belts automatically tighten? Maybe some elastic straps for mounting.
Actually that's the way I have it (belts attached to the static rig, not with elastic nor springs). However, the tensioning effect is almost imperceptible, maybe because the seat mover is more for short movements, not like a full motion system.

Actually that's the way I have it (belts attached to the static rig, not with elastic nor springs). However, the tensioning effect is almost imperceptible, maybe because the seat mover is more for short movements, not like a full motion system.
Following the advice of a wise guy, I have moved the fixed clamps from the bottom of the back of my cockpit to a piece of profile installed on a wardrobe 1 m on the back. Before, the clamps were too close to the pivoting point of my seat mover and the belts on a vertical position, so the tension was almost inexistent. Now, the tensioning is really noticeable on my shoulders, a great improvent when braking. Really a very nice fix with no cost at all.

tensionador-arneses.jpg

What models of seat belt tensioners are there that can be installed on the back of the bucket seat, not on the frame of the profile of your cockpit? I'm using a seat mover and attaching the tensioner to the cockpit could damage the motors. So, I need something that can be installed on the seat and moves with it. I think RCHeliguy has a G-belt installed on the back of his seat and I wonder how complex is that kind of installation and if it's sturdy enough. Aren't there more solutions or ideas for this? I understand it's not easy because of the many models of seats and the rounded shapes of the surfaces.
It's a very simple installation. There is a template and you drill two 6mm holes and bolt it up. It works great. I know a pile of people using them just like this and it holds up well and works better than bolting it to your chassis.
drillholes_6716.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea