Season 9 Race 2 Spa-Francorchamps - Weather

Hi everyone! :)

We have a full season of racing in varying weather ahead of us. I continue just like I did from the previous season, with the first forecast outlining the conditions, and the second one getting more specific (but not too specific, right? :p )

So. Here's the first forecast for the race at Spa-Francorchamps:

The chance for rain is quite high for rain in this part of Belgium, with 45 % risk for rain falling sometime during a session. The intensity is usually around medium and it might be very varying, with the rain coming and going.

The second forecast will come on the tuesday the 4:th of September, at 19 current UK time, which is equal to 20 CEST, and 18 UTC.

----------------------

The second forecast:

There are scattered showers during the whole weekend. Very hard to predict when they will come, but the practice is mostly in danger of getting hit. Expect medium or maybe heavy intensity, and with a length in the order of 20-45 minutes. Otherwise changing between sunny and cloudy conditions.

Not sure about rain, just getting used to the cars really, something else to practice.

I can only say that it sounds more scary than it is. in my opinion it is not harder to keep the car on track in wet conditions (granted you have the right tyres). And we'll tell you roughly what tyres are good for what conditions :)

It is 40% chance of rain occuring some time during the event... iow chances are you will need dry skills more than wet skills, so it might be that practicing like normal, and maybe doing 15 min on wet at one stage, just to feel what it's like, might be a good preperatio mix for such a race.

For the Spa race (I have limited time) I will do exactly that, I will try to do a few stints (dry) on monday and/or tuesday, and only if I become comfortable with that and have time to spear I will try out wet, but most likely I will not practice wet at all. (If I had 10 hours availeble I might do some laps in wet though).

me & chic was on tonight omg it was crazy fun & scary in the rain my first time :O_o:, then davie & marko join u's then we had a few race's on the dry server, great racing boys & good fun :thumbsup:

P.s i used wet but could i not use intermediate's?

Real Time Telemetry and second monitor.... Don't worry about it in race, those who have that setup will give out wetness values during practice and start of the race so those who have not aren't completely blind.

Real Time Telemetry and second monitor.... Don't worry about it in race, those who have that setup will give out wetness values during practice and start of the race so those who have not aren't completely blind.

Although it is a big advantage to see it during the race as well, especially if it starts dry and then rain after a while. But I know many just do this on "feel" (like Reik).

For all who only have one monitor like me I'd recommend running the game in window mode with the same resolution as your Windows and running real time telemetry as well and then we can just easily switch to real time telemetry with ALT + TAB, that wont be able while youre driving of course but you should concentrate on the road anyway! :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.