Season 9 Race 1 Hungary Incident Report

It's good to hear both sides, we are only looking at it thru the video so we'll wait for the other party reply... There always can be outside interference, it's not uncommon to have cats in the feet or babies crying..For what is worth, it could've happen to anyone, i can easily picture my self in that situation too, communication error or something. i don't think that there is really a good place anywhere between T7 and T14..They all are so short that there's no time to relay any messages, before the race i put that section as a no-pass zone, between those corners i pretty much tried to be Gandalf..

If I could have seen the future, I would have strongly reccomended that Alfonso gave the Hungaroring race a miss like Dale. Let's have a look at what I said before the race, starting with what I told Dale and then Alfonso:

This I said to Dale:
So if you agree that it is very unlikely that you will manage to complete the race without major mistakes, and at best you'll finish 5 laps+ behind the winner, then yes, I think it is best that you rather give this race a miss.
(Lapping is the greatest concern for most, and you could end up being lapped as many as 100 times...)

Alfonso, i just looked at your stint practice done since practice race, and I must admit I am not impressed. Do you really think you can keep it on the track for 1h 7m?

yup i do m8 a rushed a few today thats why i spun out but i think i will be ok

I trust you if you are sure you're up for it :)

I think the true answer to Victor's video is that Alfonso should not have been there at all, because he finished 6 laps behind Reik, creating A LOT of lapping situations. I am sorry Alfonso, you are welcome when you are able to handle the car better and drive concistently, but for that you need more practice.

Or to word it differently, you need to show that you can drive without mistakes to join the Spa race. That you can do by completing mistake-free stints online (you do not need to be super quick, 1:14:xxx and even 1:15:xxx would have been sufficient at Hungaroring. So practice practice practice mate, because I do want you to make it :thumbsup:

I saw more of the action in the back and all i can say that Alfonso definitely has the pace but i concur about safety.. Practice, practice, practice, stick around, it's so close.. It takes tenacity and routine, i really hope to see you on grid, we are pretty evenly paced so that means more action for me ;) When i joined last season it was not a clear cut deal, i needed to do a lot of work too but it was worth it. Neither it was really a obvious this season either, i have to perform at pretty high level to keep up. You are naturally faster, that will help a lot.

Monza is one potential target for next race, it's a lot easier than Hungaro to keep consistent, concentration is the key there. There is just about time for Spa but it means a buttload of laps in PrestoGP servers, Monza is in two weeks so there more time...

Yeah I agree 100%! The most important thing is consistency and when you find it you'll become faster and faster. Yesterday I wasn't sure in my pace cause I haven't got enough time to practice and that's why I was just taking it easy and slower. I usually am able to keep in 12s for a whole stint on meds but yesterday I was doing 13s but 13s which had half a second difference. Practice, practice, practice. With practice you'll find consistency and then the speed. TBH I feel we have two leagues in Presto GP. The league of the top 4 and the others :D And who finished 5th can feel like he's won the race :D

Or to word it differently, you need to show that you can drive without mistakes to join the Spa race. That you can do by completing mistake-free stints online (you do not need to be super quick, 1:14:xxx and even 1:15:xxx would have been sufficient at Hungaroring. So practice practice practice mate, because I do want you to make it :thumbsup:

Coolio np Nico i totally understand where ure coming from & i will rectify my stints & practise like my life depends on it to make the spa race & all the race's after :thumbsup: i must admit i panicked when blue flags come up i was a bit nervous at the start of race after collision T1 but from lap26 i started to drive better ect... anyway i will do as u ask nico & al hopfully be back next race :thumbsup:

P.s Thanks for the advice everyone to :thumbsup:

ok i had a few incidents which am not proud off & which i could of dealt with it better, victor am sorry mate i should just kept driving normal till next straight & then let u passed,sorry again al post vid of incident's in morning or afternoon.

the incident with nico's near miss am sorry mate i should of keeped driving normal again to find a safe spot to let kenneth passed, also kenneth "REPLAYTIME: 158" sorry for the tap of the rear, i brake to late next time al brake earlier, i did slow down for u to regain position anyway sorry again.

incident with tim i should of again waited & let him pass me or slowed down at the right place to do so, sorry mate.

ok & i think i had a few more incidents, al post the rest here after i check then out again to see where i went wrong or what i could of done better in that situation after my beauty sleep :D , had alot to talk about at my friends boys night about my incident's after watching race again & i had lots of advice & what i did wrong & what i could of done better if in those situations again & which i will take on board for future race's & situations during a race.

P.s left space for video's of incident's which i will post in morning or afternoon tomorrow.

I'll do a more thorough review tonight, but my manditory incident report for now...

TS132 Lap 1 - Contact with David

I had absolutely no idea this contact happened during the race. When I saw Davids post I was very worried that I had unknowingly ended his race.

At the time I knew I had made a very good start and was watching my mirrors for Sean (who started next to me). When I saw that I was clear of him I felt I was safe to use the whole track, I left room anyway, since it was still T1.

I made three big errors. I underestimated David's start which was even better than mine. I also underestimated the blind spots in my vision. He managed to get alongside without my having seen him at all. Thirdly I didn't leave enough room. As David said, he could have stayed a little wider too, but if I had known he was there I would have left as well.

In conclusion, I should have seen him and I should have left more room. Sorry David.

TS2335 Contact? with Alfonso

I didn't feel the contact but the replay shows bits and Alfonso crashing off. There was some sort of sync issue in this contact I think. In my replay I have committed to going right to the outside then Alfonso makes a sudden move to the right to let me go left. I swing back the other was and manage to escape.

I think the key to this one is that the guy being lapped must not make sudden moves left or right. Stay steady the guy behind has a much better view of things. If you want to leave room on one side it has to be done early.

TS2653 Nice little fight with Sean

TS3279 Lap 43 Contact with Kurt

Again a lapping misunderstanding. I didn't think Kurt was going to give me the inside so I took my normal line into T2. Kurt got hard on the brakes so I could get down the inside before the apex. I was too far to the outside and ran up the back of him.

I think this one was just one of those things. I just wasn't expecting the sudden braking but I can see what Kurt was trying to do.

TS3639 Lap 48 Contact with Sean

At the time I thought Sean's move was a bit rough. Upon checking the replay he was completely alongside and I should definitely have left room. This was not a racing incident, this was my error. Sorry Sean, very nice move, I should have covered it properly earlier.

TS3849 Lap 50 Contact? with Victor

I have a small moment on warn tyres. The back comes around a little and I end up just off track, I continue on but should have been more careful re-entering the track as Victor who I had just lapped was closing fast. Sorry Victor.

I don't think everyone's incident reports need to be identical but I think it would be good if we could set them out so each incident is clear and separate. It is also very important that we all fully report the incidents we were involved in. This means every single incident should be reported at least twice. Not only does this help us learn from the incidents but its a good personal reminder of the incidents we had. In order to do this properly you really need to watch your whole race through beginning to end. I do this with my finger on the right arrow (fast forward).

The other thing we should all check is our Q lap. I think there was quite a lot of cutting in Q this time. This is not a complaint or a protest just a friendly reminder to all keep checking ourselves.

More to come...

Tim.

No problems, Alfonso. Really good to hear your comments, very good attitude! Remember that Nicolai is Charlie Whiting, Jean Todd and Bernie put together so he makes the final call who participates and who does not, the rest of us are only drivers. Peer review works, it is integral part of scientific approach and perfect for us...

Not all of us can make videos from every incident but it is the best way to show everyone what happened.

Again a lapping misunderstanding. I didn't think Kurt was going to give me the inside so I took my normal line into T2. Kurt got hard on the brakes so I could get down the inside before the apex. I was too far to the outside and ran up the back of him.

I think this one was just one of those things. I just wasn't expecting the sudden braking but I can see what Kurt was trying to do.

I think this example shows perfectly how difficult (and sometimes horrible) lapping must have been for the lapped guys.

According to the new lapping rules Kurt was just trying to make an inside pass in T2 as easy as possible for Tim. Of course Kurt should only have braked earlier if Tim had placed his car on the inside but in my eyes it wasn't that unpredictable from a driver who's going to be lapped soon.

I had some (very) close calls too when lapping and I know I was just lucky to have no incidents out of it. But I'm also sure I avoided incidents by expecting anything and being extra carefull even if it costs much time. I don't want to say you weren't carefull enough Tim but I'm relativly sure I had placed my car in the middle of the track "just in case" The lapped car brakes earlier. If he didn't, well sort in behind him and wait for the next chance.

I hope I don't sound like a teacher or the man who tells others how to do things right. I just like to underline that lapping must be supported by the fast driver too. Considering Hungaroring is at least as tricky as Monaco it feels a bit hard to evaluate the new drivers abilities, so we should wait the Spa race to evaluate them better. But I agree that a minimum level of consistency is a must to participate.

Q lap: Ok no cuts :thumbsup:

t2843 Contact with Chirlie as i exit pits, sos dude i was trying to stay tight and steady, i could have stayed a little tighter maybe would have made a difference:thumbsup:

TS3639 Contact with Tim , Tim i didnt feel contact in race np Tim, i thought at end on stints i was faster and also i thought you had damage so was pretty confident i could get along side there. I think you to get small bump out for some reason in clip, a little more room and maybe you would have held position round t2 aswell :thumbsup: .

My only accident in the race. I tried to keep the outside so that Tim would get an easy pass in the normal line. But misunderstandings and maybe my hard braking caused Tim to collide with me Hopefully we can learn something from this so that it does not happen again.

btw, we expect all incidents to be solved in this thread no later than Sunday. Mentioning them is not the same as solving them. :)

Has everybody "fessed up" and "made up"?:) In previous seasons it has been a requirement that everybody write up an incident report for every race; with the preferred format being: "No incidents to report".

I think there was quite a lot of cutting in Q this time.

Disappointing. Cutting and or running wide and NOT lifting the throttle to punish oneself? :( We must go on believing in self-regulation.

I added a part to my incident report with q lap, maybe we should make this part of the incident report where we have checked our own laps. And then if so try a little harder next track to make sure of no cut or wide :thumbsup:
Also i had a quick run through most peoples q laps out of interest and i seen 6 slight and 2 a little more cut or wide, so i think it wasnt to bad overall :)

My apology Valter for putting you in this situation and causing this to happen , i had a better start than Nicolas and passed him then i had to pass you as well as your start was a bit slow as well and i tried to be as late as possible on brakes to have enough gap to you, but it seems on that side of the track did not help from locking wheels and drifting a bit to the left, sorry again, a racing incident :(..

No Problem Vale, i could see a name tag exiting the pit but i could not see any car , when i checked the replay your car was fully invisible in the replay , a huge sync issue must have been..

i cant see in the replay that you hit me again Valter, it was the push from Vales car only so do not feel guilty at all :)

trouble for all my short race sure a sync issue due PC problem think must put in more Horses . is hard mate their dont want get in:roflmao:

Valter Ostman say:
I was following Anthony and hit him again after he hit Valerio. I was not able to brake enough to avoid that. I'm very sorry Anthony and Valerio.

not remember your hit mate remember that I looked in map and mirrors and thinking that will be the room for let pass Anthony but at the end of pit turn left and car gostraight meantime saw Anthony my steering was turn but no reaction result collision.:(

. I apologize for helping with turning you around mate. Vuori and You standing on the brake and going to the left in front of me was more than I could handle.

Watching the incident at the start of Spa F1 race i come to think how risky a move from the back it could be especially if it did not go as planned.

So sorry once again guys ( Valter and all the rest) for my locking /drifting move that caused the surprised incident at T1 Hungary.. :(

safety comes first for the rest of races.:)

The other thing we should all check is our Q lap. I think there was quite a lot of cutting in Q this time. This is not a complaint or a protest just a friendly reminder to all keep checking ourselves.

I did this a few days ago, but forgot to post my findings. I am proud to say that I did not cut or run wide on my q lap (then again, my q time might have revield that already ;) )

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.