SEASON 20 RACE 3 -SOCHI- RACE REPORTS

Race1:I fault green light, start and stopped the car and start again with right green light but in lap1 after T 7 i lost a bit the car on curbs hit Barry and im on back but was lap1 so pushed and for a lot of laps and until end race a good fight with @Andrew Hollom and @jeroen van Wissen was fun.

Race2:start from back and until mine pit i met Andrew again, him just 1.1sec ahead so I cant use DRS:mad::D but around lap 11/12 mine tires not so good looong braking at T13 a couple of wrong gear changes Andrew is at 3sec so in lap15 i pitted when i leave the pit i met Jeroen a bit of battles then i pass him, I think he was in tire debt. after this a bit alone until end race.

Congratulations Winners Artyom and Martin and all us nice battles result big fun:)

see you all in Japan

My races a total disaster....

Race 1.- i finished but after losing braking point more than once and affecting some other drivers on my mistakes so i did a drive thru as it was my fault

Race 2.- much cleaner race for me, i was having fun with David and some other drivers till my ISP or my windows decided that was enough and lost connection, sorry if this affected you David as you were close when the game crashed and it can cause a bit of lag in other racers.

Hope next one will be better and with less incidents

Qualifying - 5th

Dunno how I managed this with only 20 mins practise but I was happy to take it, usually Sochi is a major bogey track for me.

Race 1 - 4th

Started strongly and within a few laps I was leading the race with a couple of decent passes, I thought omg what am I doing here and got a bit excited lol, I put the power on a bit much on the kerb, spun and hit the wall and ended up back in 4th and there I stayed until the end.

Race 2 - 7th

Started well again but around the long left hand bend someone was side by side with me and kept veering over and eventually I had to take avoiding action, this compromised my entry to t4 and I spun out and ended up last place, the rest of the race was fairly good catching up and having some good fight until I came across Nicolas Rouge on his usual superman mission with no stops, I gained and gained and went into the pits 2 seconds behind him, came out 20 seconds behind I had the gap down to around 4 seconds when yet again I overpowered on the kerbs and binned the car, from here I just settled for 7th place.

Grats all finishers and the podium winners, both races were really good action, hopefully Suzuka is the same. :)

I almost missed this great event :)
At 20:00h I started the computer and it was updating till 15min before Q and after that torture 2 restarts in addition ...
Finally I joined and after only 2-3 laps of practice, I was without any hope for Q,
but it was not too hard :confused:
In R1 I had a great battle with David (with side-by-side action),
till he broke away after an error of me :thumbsup:
R2 went very well, this time I tried a one-stop strategy.
I personally don`t like to do tyre management, but it`s necessary,
the competitors are to strong (painful memories of monza :D).
Around lap 20 a car suddenly stood across the road :confused:
There I lost more than 10s, but luckily I kept P1.
But it was close, afte 40min bulding an gap of around 15s, Raymond was <2s behind me.
I have to admit, I started sweating for the next some laps :D

Grats podiums and all finishers :thumbsup:
Thx to all organizers :thumbsup:
Martin

I learned big lesson today, never change setups after qualifying without having tested it first lol

Race one was a right off, self spun twice

Race two was better, I actually enjoyed having to manage the tyres, something I didn’t do at Singapore, taking it easy for the first half the race really paid off for me

I’m hoping to get some actual quality practice in for Suzuka, and actually work on a race setup and not just use my qualifying setup like i have been doing for the past races.

Last edited:
I wasn't feeling great with a cold coming on, and was having plenty of solo incidents in the practice, but managed to settle things down a bit. Qualifying wasn't great, being a second off my PB, but my PB would only have got me one place higher, so not much of a loss really.

Race 1 went okay until the end of the back 'straight', where I had a collision with a late braking Fransisco. Went well after that and caught Valerio and went to his left at the end of the back 'straight' and had a collision that I didn't understand until I looked at the replay (Valerio warped sideways!). Continued my tussle with him till the end.

Race 2 went okay with Valerio behind me this time. A few people exited from their pit stops behind me (David and Artyom) and passed me. I had plenty of tyre left at the end, so should have pushed more.

Glad to finish both races this time with no brake problems.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back