SEASON 20 RACE 2 -SINGAPORE - RACE REPORTS

Log analyzer results here:)

Very disappointing race day for me personally. My best lap on the practice server was already 0,7s off, so I wasn't really hoping on a podium. Had the same lag moments as previous race too, will try to figure out what is causing those. Won't be making a video this time, not much to show off:p

Q - P8: Horrible:D Spun in my first lap, and was unlucky with traffic on my second lap (made a mistake myself). Third lap wasn't too good either.

R1 - P7: Unfortunate:rolleyes: Lost 2 places in my opening lap. Could recover 3 places in the race, before my brakes quit on me on the final lap causing me to lose 3 places again.

R2 - P9: Terrible:ninja: Put my car in the wall at turn 4 (I think) at lap 7. Because of the heavy body/suspension damage had to pit in lap 8. Went from P7 to P13. Had a comeback to P6, before my brakes quit on me again in the second-last lap.

Last edited:
for me was good just finish the race , I know the brake problem and also this time half lap before last one i lost one front brake but i hold on:) so i lost also 2nd front brake, now the car is more stable i have only back brake:D and driving on the eggs i passed last line.i really enjoyed second race in lap 3 or 4 a good fight with David then a long part alone until pit, when i leave the pit again a bit alone with cars or too ahead or too behind then i meet @Andrew Hollom. It was hard to pass him he was better in some places in others I was better then the conspiracy of the brakes kicked out him so no more battles but again in last laps my brake bye bye and like an ant i finished the race.

Congratulations to winners and all us:thumbsup:

see you all at Sochi

Q1 thought I’d just put a safe banker lap in which was a second slower than my normal best q laps, but then I just couldn’t better it due to some unexpected understeer which never occurred on my 2nd or 3rd laps in all my practices.

R1 started 7th, got hit twice by other drivers on the 2nd lap, just racing incidents, so had damage on both wings, worked my way upto 4th, due to others mistakes, but then on the last lap my engine blew up, with 3 corners to go so finished 11th I think.
i didnt have time to actually make a race setup so just dumped the fuel i thought id need in but finished with 27ltrs lol

R2 better opening laps, no damage, 17 laps of hard racing against Barry, trying to stay in the 1 second window, I was 3rd but then someone left the race and Barry’s cars disappeared and reappeared 1-2 car lengths back, in a braking zone and I ended up ramming him, had to the other 9-10laps with a car I think that either had no wing or it was producing very little aero, using 1st and 2nd gear just to make the corners lol,

I’ve done plenty of online races this length over the years but this was the hardest 50min race I’ve ever done, only really one straight with time to have drink, adjust the plums etc.
For some reason my concentration was lapsing and I a few times I pressed the pit limiter button instead of the Drs lol

I can’t imagine how hard this race is in real life with f1 cars, the heat and the g-forces.

Looking forward to the next one

Last edited:
Race one sort of went okay - a goodish start, nearly an accident at T1/2 with Krysztof, but we all got through unscathed. A white car shot past my nose in T7 (I saw it was David when I watched the replay), but only got a small tap. Passed Jeroen as he half spun out of T3 and he chased me hard while I pursued Nicolas. Jeroen was replaced by David, who gave me a small tap at T7 before eventually getting level around the outside of T7 and I let him by in T8 (it was inevitable!), but he had a wobble out of T9 and I got by. He chased me until my brakes failed in T7 on lap 10. I tried to continue, but realised after a few corners that I would have been a hazard and retired.

I think I used 20% closed brake ducts, which had never failed before on longish runs, but for race two I opened them fully. The start was not so good (I use a clutch pedal, so they’re a bit variable) and lost a position or two. I just wanted to get the first lap nice and clean so I could trundle around and look after my tyres, but I tapped Krysztof’s right rear tyre with my front tyre and ran slightly wide into Valerio, who was okay, but I spun. A white car (David again!) ran into my side and I let myself roll backwards to clear him and continued. Without really trying, I caught Krysztof at the end of lap 2, and in the final turn, just as I went on the power, he didn’t and we collided. Looking at the replay, I was in 5th gear and he’d just shifted down to 3rd and was off the throttle, which I hadn’t expected, so sorry for that. Now running on 50p pieces, I continued and had a nice race with Valerio, who I thought was ahead of me, so I don’t know where I passed him. On lap 17, again without really trying, I closed in on the other Andrew, whose car was smoking quite badly under braking, but okay on exit. I had a few pecks at passing him, but was keen not to touch. Despite this, I nearly ran into him a few times, as it was hard to predict his speed and line. At the start of lap 18, I was too far back to even think of passing, but he was so wide and slow that I was on top of him and as he accelerated into T2 and I transitioned from T1 to T2 we collided, so my apologies. I still had Valerio on my tail, but my brakes failed at T18 with less than 10 minutes remaining. I stayed on the power to ensure my spin ended clear of the racing line to let Valerio through and pressed ESC.

I have a lot to learn, and hopefully next time will be less eventful.

Q: Harder than expected :ninja:
R1: Mario had a super start and snatched P1 :thumbsup:
Wasn`t able to go his pace :thumbsup:
Finally had brake fail ...
R2: The start was this time good, keeped P1.
Then Artyom was hunting me madly close behind me for many laps :thumbsup:
I made some mistakes because I tried to set to brake balance mor to the rear, because my front tyres degraded quickly, but this was not so easy with VR and the short straights, finally Artyom passed me :thumbsup: This was the moment for an undercut, but in vain. After pitstop the brake balance was set too much to the rear so I lost the car it and damaged my front.
This happended two times more, then my car and the tyres where worn, so I quit ...

Grats podiums and all finishers :thumbsup:
Thx to all organizers :thumbsup:
Martin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back