Sean Edwards

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but it seems that racing driver and avid sim racer Sean Edwards has been killed in an instructing accident in Queensland, Australia. He was instructing on a private test session.

My deepest condolences to his family and for the driver and his family.

This is just terrible. My thoughts also to both families - I believe the driver's family were there as spectators. A terrible, terrible time for them :(
2013 has been a pretty awful year. It's taken away some of our biggest talents far too early. This year needs to finish up sooner rather than later :(:(

This is a far too early end to an exceptional racing driver story. He was a worthy adversary on the virtual track, it was always a challenge to race against him and his endurance teammates.
Many simracers must have watched his real life racing career in admiration. We didn't need to be reminded of the biggest difference between real racing and simracing this soon though. As a good racer and a great guy he will be missed on and off track.

There is a beautiful, and wonderfully intricate, tribute to the late Sean Edwards at Road Atlanta in the form of a specially-liveried Porsche. Fans on the grid walk have been signing the side of it
BW8rn06IYAA1cR6.jpg:large

I knew him from what he was writing on his fb page and i had the honor to attend on 2 races where he, myself and other friends were racing against him on rFactor. Very friendly and very open men :/ always smilling and even he found the time to reply to me on fb on short in word or two, it was special for me.

Very sad news :/

Signed on the petition !

Don't agree with that. Just like the best way to honor Allan Simonsen was to keep on racing at Le Mans. The best way to honor Sean Edwards, is to put up a great show in the last race meeting of the year. And really battle it out. Just like he would've done if he'd been there. Of course, it is "typical" that this is the seasons only double header, but I don't think a racer, would want races to stop counting because of a death.

i would love to know more about his sim racing career. are there any posts or info about this? i only just started catching some of his race series on sky - relatively recently. never really watched porsche races much but then saw lots of onboard of him at the front!

I actually think it's a good idea, if I was Nicki Thiim or Michael Ammermuller I wouldn't want to win the title in such a fashion.

Can't see it happening though to be honest, would be great to hear the drivers opinions on it.

Don't agree with that. Just like the best way to honor Allan Simonsen was to keep on racing at Le Mans. The best way to honor Sean Edwards, is to put up a great show in the last race meeting of the year. And really battle it out. Just like he would've done if he'd been there. Of course, it is "typical" that this is the seasons only double header, but I don't think a racer, would want races to stop counting because of a death.

I think Porsche AG is going to do a 'honor title' or something like that, and then let the other teams and drivers fight for the title .... all parts (fans, teams, drivers, etc...) will be as well satisfied IMO

its more easy for porsche AG to make something special in the end of the season

anyway, we are all agree that they MUST make something for him!

unfortunately show must go on.....

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies