Schifty's Mod 1997 (Beta Test)

I only want to say: Thank you! You've done a wonderful job! It's so nice to see all that great old stuff in a nice looking F1 game like that! Thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this! Hope you will finish this mod soon. What's left now? Only DB/Performance?

Thank you very much again, Schifty. But I have installed all of your mod packages and it seems I can't get it to work.. Before the last mod all was working fine but now with your last package I can only enter main menu. I can select a track, car and driver but after loading F1 2012 crashes with an Steam error (Something like... Can't running ... Application is already running). I don't understand why that is happening because it wasn't running before... Also a reboot didn't help... My old backup is working fine. Anyone else with that problem?

Thank you very much again, Schifty. But I have installed all of your mod packages and it seems I can't get it to work.. Before the last mod all was working fine but now with your last package I can only enter main menu. I can select a track, car and driver but after loading F1 2012 crashes with an Steam error (Something like... Can't running ... Application is already running). I don't understand why that is happening because it wasn't running before... Also a reboot didn't help... My old backup is working fine. Anyone else with that problem?

Dont know what happen,

Ok to find what is wrong

Install all car and skin before the last pack

if its working

one by one install one part from the last pack and test it, you will probably help me to find the problem like that because me i have no problem, everything was install before uploading here

Ok I've tested this. I've reinstalled all files step by step with my backup. All cars, liveries, pitcrews, ... are working fine without any errors! The problem seems to be in database/schema.bin. When I overwrite that files with yours it crashes even when I start a completely new game. If I use my old file it works... Don't know why.

Ok I've tested this. I've reinstalled all files step by step with my backup. All cars, liveries, pitcrews, ... are working fine without any errors! The problem seems to be in database/schema.bin. When I overwrite that files with yours it crashes even when I start a completely new game. If I use my old file it works... Don't know why.

Mmm so its the database the problem, i will make some test on my side.

dont know also if someone else have the problem

It probably would be better at the moment to not use the 1997 database, but use the other files. Then the game may work. :sneaky:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.