F1 2014 Scenario Mode and Season Challenge

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Codemasters F1 2012 introduced the Season Challenge and Champions Mode which are almost very less re-playable(Atleast to me), But in 2013 they continued the season challenge and altered champions mode to scenario mode with more scenarios than 2012. But still question is that Do the Both modes are enough re-playable to allocate resources on them for the Next version(F1 2014) by considering what we have them so far in 2 Versions(F1 2012 and F1 2013) if CM is going to continue them

A Dynamic Scenario mode is much better than the current Mode with giving a special situation of the current season than Predefined one in my view if they want to include at must, Using the Resources else where which are used for these two modes would make the game much better especially considering the 2014 Rules

What you guys think,

Last edited:
I feel like since they've now made several F1 games, why not make a career mode that takes you trough all of them? So you start off in f1 2010 (but in an updated game engine) and each year you progress trough to the next year but it saves your team status etc? Could make career mode a lot more interesting anyway.

Get rid of them I say because they are both ridiculously easy and a waste of time pretty much. Why can't they focus on career mode and online? And I'm sorry but without FP1 and FP2 they cannot call it an F1 game. This years game should have been renamed "kinda F1 2013".

Both modes don't offer much replay value in both 2013 and 2012. They could add some replay value if they make scenario mode more relevant by adding real life data to the game. For example you become Hamilton in Bahrain with 7 laps to go and you have to keep Rosberg behind, and in the game all the real life data is added, so how much tyre life, fuel, etc there is left for everyone.

I got your point there @dstf199 . But what I mean here is not really to exactly copy the idea from Eutechnyx (makers of NASCAR The Game series for 2013 and 14). In fact, NASCAR do have their special moments which F1 cannot make really. Still I'll leave it as an add-on must in my part.

Both modes don't offer much replay value in both 2013 and 2012. They could add some replay value if they make scenario mode more relevant by adding real life data to the game. For example you become Hamilton in Bahrain with 7 laps to go and you have to keep Rosberg behind, and in the game all the real life data is added, so how much tyre life, fuel, etc there is left for everyone.

Why not make it multiplayer, with one guy as Hamilton and the other as Rosberg? That would add a lot more replayability.

I feel like since they've now made several F1 games, why not make a career mode that takes you trough all of them? So you start off in f1 2010 (but in an updated game engine) and each year you progress trough to the next year but it saves your team status etc? Could make career mode a lot more interesting anyway.
If I remember, EA Sports did something very similar, F1 Challenge, which ran through the 1999-2002 seasons, complete with all the cars of the time.

There were some really good advancements in this years game. The working side view mirrors for one make this game twice as much fun as last years version. Of course, if you don't drive from the cockpit (like a proper racer) it wouldn't much matter to you. :coffee:

I agree with you Karl, this years game was a definite step forward.

With regard to the scenario modes I have never actually played them that I can remember so if not including them would enable more resource to be put toward other better features for online or Grand Prix \ Career mode then I would be all for it. But if that resource was only put towards more eye candy (race celebrtions, podiums, helmet design, etc) that I see touted about sop foten then I would say stay with the scenarios. I'll probably get around to looking at them some point when our season is over just for something different,

I always say i'll get around to playing the other scenarios and more seasons in career but the fact is there is always the next game that gets in the way....
Maybe f1 2014 will be delayed this year though, and maybe we'll get a chance to play some of those other things...lol

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.