RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

hot damn!

that was my best outing in the minis yet... actually competing thru the field shocker!

quallied p12 and slow start meant i was 16/16 at the first corner... lots of good close battles with various peeps... looked up about lap 10 to see i was 3rd... almost fell off me chair!... coming to the end of that lap i was back down to 4th in a close battle for 2nd with michael and lee - and a string of other dudes sitting right behind us...

as we approached the final bend, i remembered a flyer someone handed to me in the pits... and well, i couldn't resist...

cadwelldo7.jpg

catch ya next one, kids! :D

It all started well from the line with one of my usual fine starts slotting into 2nd,and feeling frisky for a poke at 1st early on,first chance to prove how good i wad at the chicane i failed :becky:,from 2nd to.....28th or something innit? :p,astounded to claw back within a lap to 4th,then another chicane moment,and back down we go to....errr 37th i think? :D,decided to plod on with the theory that at some point almost everyone is going to have chicane fun,i noticed some "Mini Pinball" a most popular past time,going on at the foot of the hill after death chicane,i saw one car coming backwards onto the track,and i thought due to previous mishaps working out where to go to avoid,i decided to go where the car was heading "From"...not where its heading "To"!!,but this car wasnt reversing back on track,as my stupid catty remark suggested,just merely coming to end of its pinball game,the rear ender i gave Marcel surely must have got his attention? :D,we both gracefully retired there.
Well done all survivors of this one,if i remember right the last mini race i had at that track i ended up retired dead as well.
Please accept my apologies Marcel,you didnt ruin my race at all,i did,on more than one occasion,total racing hilarous nice big crash incident,the kind of stuff we watch the Clio cup on tv for!! :thumb: :D.
Cheers Andrew m8 you complete sadist!! :p :thumb:.

Well, I've just finished 2nd on track after driving the last 2 laps with no grip at all. However I CTD soon as I crossed the line. Grats to all for finishing but do I keep 2nd place???
If I do has someone screenied the result, that's the first podium finish I've ever had.

• Darren Gardner

hot damn!

that was my best outing in the minis yet... actually competing thru the field shocker!

quallied p12 and slow start meant i was 16/16 at the first corner... lots of good close battles with various peeps... looked up about lap 10 to see i was 3rd... almost fell off me chair!... coming to the end of that lap i was back down to 4th in a close battle for 2nd with michael and lee - and a string of other dudes sitting right behind us...

as we approached the final bend, i remembered a flyer someone handed to me in the pits... and well, i couldn't resist...

cadwelldo7.jpg

:pound:Lol that is wicked mate :pound::pound::pound::thumb:

wow what a race, started 2nd last and ended up getting 3rd :rockon:
Started getting tyre warnings around lap 28 and ended up getting 3 of them before the race ended :D.
Great fun track, not sure what it would be like with faster cars but it is great with the mini.

• Razvan Pat

30 mins into official practice and I was still working on installing the track, so qualy was practice time for me :).

Had a nice clean start, went bumper to bumper with a couple of folks for a few laps, then both of them spun off. Right after that someone was closing on me very fast but before I could see who it was his connection dropped :|. In lap 18 or so I lost control in the first turn and hit the wall quite hard. I think I did a 360 in air :D. My car wasn't damaged badly though. That's all the action I got this race. Finished 5th.

I was a bit disappointed to see so many players leave the server before the end of the race :(, I hope next time more will finish.

Also great track, I absolutely loved it :)

Server 2 Quali 4th
Great start got 3rd then touched the grass on turn 3 all my hard work gone :Cry::Cry: dropped to 14th then guess what lap 2 did the same again :noidea::noidea: I had now lost 20 secs to leaders so time to put my head down, got back to 5th then lap 14 shot off track at the chicane before the mountain straight into the crowd car rolled slid down hill righted itself then it was time to find the track where I left it (timestamp 1454 on reply it's so funny) got head down again and with peeps pitting got back and finished 3rd (that was hard work)

Started getting tyre warnings around lap 28 and ended up getting 3 of them before the race ended :D.
Great fun track, not sure what it would be like with faster cars but it is great with the mini.

WOW what did you do with those tyres!!! Fronts 89/82 Rear 80/56 :thumb::thumb: That's about the only thing I got right

Once again many thanks RD :becky::becky:

server 1 qual 11th i think cant rememer. slowly workedforward after a slow start cos of full fuel. got to third got a 13 second gap open figured some tyres wouldnt hurt. pitstop robbed me. just spat me straight back out :( gutted. ended up giving the podium away spinning out of turn 2nd to last lap. finished 4th all in all not a bad first event. i am gutted tho. fresh tyres wouldve pwnt

Server 1
Congratulations to Truls for a magnificent drive, well done all who finished. So many drop outs tonight it was a bit lonely.

Practice and qually were steady affairs, changed my setup God knows how many times and eventually made it into the high 1.35's which I was more than happy with.

Race was strange, started around 12th I think, made a reasonable start but got a bit squeezed on the inside of T1 so sat back and watched as things unfolded upfront. Then weird things began to happen and I was finding myself in 7th, then 6th, 5th and eventually 3rd. I'd loaded up to the max on fuel but planned a tyre stop around lap 25 but the car was still feeling great so I stayed out as long as I could. After a bit a pressure from Lee (who eventually pitted) I was pretty much on my own, when I glanced up I was 2nd:faint:

I was concentrating really hard now but the timer never seemed to come down quick enough, with 15 mins to go the car had started to feel very loose, I'd already got 1 worn tyre warning. However I was still managing to maintain a 6.5 - 7 second gap to third so I alternated laps - caning it a bit and easing right off.

With what I thought was the last lap I'd backed right off as steering had become very tricky, just keeping a steady line had me sweating buckets. Then I saw Truls announce 1 more lap - bugger, this was going to be close. On that last lap it was comical, taking each corner 2 gears lower and sliding around like I was on ice. Neil came within seconds of me but a glance in my rear view mirror told me he was also low on grip. Eventually the finish line came, crossing it a relieved man, and very happy with my first podium. But then a CTD before official results.

So for now I'll give it large with my best ever online result:p:second:

Ta.
Simon:)

Puh, that was serious fun!

Qualy was as expected, did a mid 1:35.xxx gave me 7th if I am not mistake.

Race: Some little agressive starters :), but gues was ok, nothing serious. Was actually following Lewis the first 4 laps, I was a little bit faster, but did not find the mean to take my chance, just before I thought NOW!, at the end fo the zick-zack, I was thinking NOW to aggressiv and there was the tree :), gave me a suspension damage, but could go on. Long laps nothing exciting happned. Now in the replay I saw that already here Darren was behind me, which I did not realize, that happened later. In lap 11/12 I saw my next chance with Lewis coming, but unfortunately he decide to crash his car without anybody's help just before I came close :).
Spun two time in this left-right combination before famous zick-zack which gave Darren the chance to pass. That was my lap 15. Had Roy behind me who was faster and catching up, but could hold him behind me until I did my planed pit stop at the end of 19 (fuel, tire and suspension damage, can't say exact but nearly 30 secs). Did not loose a position only got lapped by Pierre, who was 1st at that time. Afterwards had some disastrous laps where I went a couple of time on the green (thought new tires should give good grip like glue :) ). Sometime later I had Darren again in my neck, just saw now in the replay that he was doing some research in the greens as well, that why I could go pass him. That actually when I realized you were behind me, coming close, so I started really concentrating, that actually when I did my fastes laps in the race :). That went actually on a couple of rounds, till I did my next green experience. That's when I also got lapped by Marty. In Rd 35 I also got lapped by Pierre (I think the previous lap I got back during his pit stop). Finished 7th with 36 laps.

My first endurance race! I reached the finish! Great event! I love Mini and the track is a real Mini-Track, i love the combination!

hot damn!

That was my best outing in the minis yet... actually competing thru the field shocker!

You're making a habit of this Andrew ... that is twice in one week I have watched you rolling over in my rear view mirror ... and twice I have nearly crashed laughing heartily cos of it :p:pound:

My quali time was a low 34's and a PB, so can't grumble ... setup felt good, but went for a 1 stop strategy 'cos I figured it would be hard enough not spinning at Cadwell without my tyres being mullered ... and it was :rolleyes:

Had an early dice with Michael - 2 wide round the top of the hill and through the downhill chicane on lap 1 I believe ... whoever was behind must have had a great view of that :eek:

Anyway ... after the chaos went off at in front of me on first couple of laps I ran 2nd for a while with Truls on my tail and Ben off some 20 or 30 secs up the road ... was very surprised to be up there, but was lapping nicely in low 35's and actually dropped Truls a bit after he had an error or two :evil:

Ben then spun it up ahead ... but unfortunately so did I (twice on same damn lap) with what seemed like a 1 lap temporary loss of grip everywhere (could have been brain fade, but it was fine on next lap) ... must have been oil on track :lol:

So I was still in 2nd but now had Michael, Andrew and Ben on my heels.
Andrew departed for his hot wax. And after Ben got by Michael, I glanced too long at my fuel gauge which meant I missed my apex and they were by me ... damn!
Had another big spin trying to push too hard down the hill, and lost a couple more places.
Attrition rates were high, so it meant I was back up the order again.

Started chasing Mr Bacon down (who drove a blinder, congrats dude!), and as I got close behind him, figured I would pit rather than risk messing up both of our races risking an overtake.
Messed my pit up completely though - took more than 15 seconds just to get in my pit box - Arrrghhh!
Was now down in 9th or 10th, came back to 5th reasonably quickly, Nigel was in 4th valiantly battling with a broken car ... finally outbraked him and went round the outside at the top of the hill I believe.

Neil in 3rd was now in sight and coming back to me rapidly as his tyres were proper shot at.

Caught him up with a couple of laps to go, and had Nigel not far behind ... figured I would pressure and weigh up where I could get Neil on last lap ... was not to be though ... due to his shot tyres he wavered around all over the track up the hill, and because I was so close behind him, I had nowhere to go (at least not without punting us both off) so I slowed badly trying to avoid a biggee in final moments of race ...
Me having to ease back so hard took Nigel behind me by surprise, and unfortunately he collected me ... a long slide and a long recovery with Nigel waiting for me like a true gent (thanks!) meant I came home in 4th I believe ... or was it 5th ... ??

No matter, was still my best result (could have been better had I not spun it so damn often).
Hugely amusing race with a lot of attrition - very sadistic Andrew ... think you deserved your tar pit dipping :D
Congrats and thanks to all who made it ... thanks Andrew ... thanks RD ... :peace:

• Steve Perryman

Name on RD forum: Steve Perryman
Name in game: Steve Perryman
Your Country: QLD Australia
Control: G25
Car: Seat Leon

Server 2- Qualified P2 behind Pierre. Started race with 39 laps fuel planning 1 stop for tires only. Got a good start into lead then couple laps in did the zig zag down the hill backwards in the grass. Went back as far as 4th. Pit strategy helped me back to front with tires only. About 2 laps later went by Pierre coming out of his pit. I was holding even with Pierre on pace with about 7 seconds in hand. Great fight all race with Pierre for 1st. Managed to hold on for first RD win. Great fun.

Qualified 1st on 1 .34.027. My first Pole ever :)

Race: Lost my first place to Marty and then went down to 3rd after Eck passed me too.
The two in the lead started to make a gap to me not as i didnt want to risk anything driving to hard the first laps. Suddenly Marty spins and i was up on 2nd again.
Later in the race (lap 18 something?) Eck goes to pit and Im back on 1st :D I had 4 laps to go to my pit-stop so i put my foot down to make a gap. Was afraid Eck would get passed me when i went to pit, but then he spun on his first lap after pitstop in the Zig-Zag turn.
Okey, lap 22 - Pitstop time!
Braked hard and well before the line, had a good speed through the pitlane. But as i had the first pit-"square" i had to break even harder, forgetting to confirm and driving a tiny bit to far. The engine died on me, restarted it and got into reverse. Now i was eager to not make another misstake in the pits...
But, just before the crew was done i tried to start the car. Nothing, and then they were finished and i still hadnt got the car running. Watching the seconds to marty tick down real fast i was getting nervous.
Got out right after Marty who held a good speed which i didnt cope with. 7 seconds was the time between us the rest of the race. I was hoping you would go into pits Marty as i hadnt seen you do that :p
Ended up finishing 2nd after Marty :)

Thanks all for a very nice and fun race! Really liked this track ones i got a hang of it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back