Sell Samsung Odyssey Windows Mixed Reality

ARG1980

Copenhagen APEX
I am selling my VR headset + controllers.
https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/computing-accessories/computers/xe800zaa-hc1us-xe800zaa-hc1us/
Used for 10 hours - motion sickness.
I dont have the box, because it was brought home from USA as hand luggage.
I have the receipt on e-mail.
Mint condition

Price: 500 euros
Buyer pays for shipping.

I am located in Copenhagen // Denmark.
1.jpg

Why are you giving up?! When I tested the rift it was terrible in the first 3-4 days then slowly the motion sickness has become a memory....

Yeah, stick with it. The time needed to adapt varies between different people (just like different people do/don't get seasick or carsick until they get used to the motion) but it's well worth it.

How does the Odyssey cope with sub-90 framerates? Is there an equivalent of ASW employed, or must native 90fps be achieved for a smooth experience?

Aha no idea :)
If you are interested I will try it out - let me know what numbers you are looking for?
I'm just curious as to what happens below 90fps native. ASW on the Rift does a good job of keeping things smooth, but I'm not sure whether the Odyssey has equivalent tech.

It seems like a great HMD for sim racing and with the Odyssey+ coming soon I'm wondering if it will finally be available in Europe.

WMR has it's own verison, motion reprojection. I have an Odyssey and it's great for racing. Better res than Rift and inside out tracking is perfect for sit down experiences (in my experience)

I'm just curious as to what happens below 90fps native. ASW on the Rift does a good job of keeping things smooth, but I'm not sure whether the Odyssey has equivalent tech.

It seems like a great HMD for sim racing and with the Odyssey+ coming soon I'm wondering if it will finally be available in Europe.

Microsoft have implemented a ton of updates over the last few months that have been amazing for racing games, especially for project cars 2. Windows Mixed Reality has an option called Motion Reprojection which is their equivalent of the Rift's ASW. It can be a little complicated to get right, but when it is, it's amazing.

For racing, the Odyssey is now the number one VR option (Same res as the Vive Pro but with better lenses and no need for tracking base stations). It can be delivered (including tax) for £415 from Amazon.com who now let it ship to the UK (was U.S. only previously).

A PC2 testing video on the new updates:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea