Sakon Yamamoto

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Jul.16 (GMM) Sakon Yamamoto will return to the grid with HRT at Hockenheim next weekend, this time in the place of team regular Karun Chandhok.

Last weekend at Silverstone, the new Spanish team replaced Bruno Senna with 28-year-old Japanese Yamamoto, who reportedly has $5 million in sponsorship backing.

In a statement on Friday, Hispania Racing said Yamamoto "gave a very positive performance in Silverstone" and will have "another opportunity to drive the car" in Germany, this time alongside the returning Senna.

HRT's other test driver, Christian Klien, said on Friday that HRT from now on will "nominate any of the four drivers for the race seat".

"And all four drivers are treated equally. After that, the decision rests with the team," he told motorline.cc.

HRT's media statement said Indian Chandhok "is still part of the team family and is likely to be in the car at some later races this season".

Yamamoto said: "The last race weekend was very exciting for me. Now, the team has given me another chance to race on Sunday and I will do my best to prove that it was the right decision."

Team boss Colin Kolles added: "After the solid result we could achieve in Silverstone, we want to go on like this and show a good performance again."

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/ne...nes/Chandhok-to-sit-out-Hockenheim-/view.html

There is definatly something going on, I dont rimember eny team in the last 10 years of Formula 1 history that have done exacly what HRT does.

Well I just hope all the fast drivers will manage to lap Yamamoto with out hitting him because Hockenhiem is a fast track and not that wide on sector 2 and 3.

It's money Giorgios.

As I told you, they know this car is ridiculous, Dallara made a poor work, and they are developing 2011 one... they need money for that, so they directly sell their seat for this season, while Karun and Bruno are their real drivers.

Cya!.

It's money Giorgios.

As I told you, they know this car is ridiculous, Dallara made a poor work, and they are developing 2011 one... they need money for that, so they directly sell their seat for this season, while Karun and Bruno are their real drivers.

Cya!.

Now that you mention it I just noticed something.

May I ask you, what is the hotest topic in the community of Formula 1?
If you take a close look thats the HRT dessisions to change drivers, I think that they want to attract some attention and in that way get a few sponsors for the upcoming season.
Ofcourse this is just speculation but it could be the case, I mean imagen if 2 teams in STC worked together and on one race (for example) FLO says that they will give Torrent a chans in the STC so FLO won't race on a specific track. That would draw ALOT of attention and people would be talking about this alot and specialy the commentator on the Live broadcast.

As I said it's a speculation but I expect and hope HRT will use the money on the 2011 car and not on the 2010 car.

Good point, I think people just forgot about them when Lotus and Virgin are having there own scrap. I think people are starting to think about them.

But surely the 3 new teams should be up to speed by now, it's a bit embarrassing for them and the sport having 3 teams that are FAR slower.

Good point, I think people just forgot about them when Lotus and Virgin are having there own scrap. I think people are starting to think about them.

But surely the 3 new teams should be up to speed by now, it's a bit embarrassing for them and the sport having 3 teams that are FAR slower.

Ross you forget something, MONEY. If the teams have only enough money for the reserv parts then they cant make new parts wich they could test.

There should be a rule if teams are close to the 105% then they should be allowed to make tests BUT under some specific amount of hours and with a FIA steward (or what ever name he might get) participating/making sure they dont run more then the time limit. In that way the teams would be closer to the faster cars.

Oh well, Lotus have said that they won't work on the 2010 car from now on and they will just work on the 2011 car. Virgin is still working on the 2010 car but I think Lotus is realy promising for 2011 because they have been closing the gap to the rest of the field from race to race. In the other hand, HRT have been closing the gap to the other new comers and I have a feeling that they will be as fast as Toro Rosso or Sauber. (for you who have not followed HRT, they never managed to make proper laps during the Formula 1 winter break so to have this type of achivement is preaty big)

It's because he's paying them the most cash.
Senna and Chandhok will be playing musical chairs for the second car until either the end of the season or Yamamoto's funds dry up.
The thing HRT need to be careful of, Karun Chandhok's sponsor stickers are still plastered on his car. Second race in a row he's not driving it, they wont be happy.

4th driver is Christian Klien, must be the best among them as i know him. But does the driver really means so much for HRT ? Even Schumacher drives it, there will be no difference :D. So it's better to gain more money for improving next year's car. :)

They need money more than feedback right now. And Senna is already driving, Chandok is replaced :)

I know that but in order for someone to be quick and have the best setup for the car it self he most be able to read the car properly. I think that Senna is able to do that and there for is purely quicker then both Chandock and Yamamoto. (Some times experience is not evrything thats needed to be quick)

Chandok is wasted on the track, at the weekend he was working with BBC radio 5 live during the free practice seasons & showed to be a great comentator and F1 guru & was given the knick name of Chandokpedia :cool:

WoW I did not know that.

From a few resources have I found out the HRT have started to work on there 2011 car from late spring. There is not strong evidence that HRT is doing that but most it's belived that they have since the HRT car havn't had an upgrade for a preaty long time. I realy hope those resources are correct because it's just better for them to work on 2011 since they cant catch up the rest of this seasons grid.

If they want to improve the cars performance then surely Klien needs to be in the car. I feel sorry for Chandook, i think he's done a solid job with with the tools available to him. I may have mis heard it too bu on friday practice 1 i think he did mention that he's in talks with Villeneuve Racing. So good luck to him.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%