rF2 S397 Stock Car 2018 @ Watkins Glen - Thu 12 Aug 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hmmm. 2018. You sure you don't mean 1968? I may have to join you anyway. ;) "Rubbin' is racing" or RD rules? :D
I was the same as you Jim. Heard that the cars drive like "real/proper" race cars and kept meaning to give give em a go, but somehow never got round to it. Bumble talked me into it in the end and I'm glad he did.

Read the blurb on the Steam page for these. They did something with the tyre model and I think it shows. There's no ABS or TC or SC, so you have to drive em yourself. I think they're worth a try mate. :)

You signing up then?

EDIT: RD rules as always mate, with the caveat of the etiquete requested in post #2 of every Thursday rF2 event thread of course. I'll post below to remind us all and I'll mention it in pre race chat and in voice chat on Discord. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Really good choice of car this. It's so rewarding to drive. The stock front damper settings might just kill you though if you go anywhere near a kerb.

@Roland I'll put the server up later today. If you decide to sign up for this event, I promise to give you pride of place on the sign up list. :D
Thanks Denis! But it'll have to be a very thin pencilled place then.
Tomorrow we have a day out with the family planned, and I highly doubt we'll be home in time. If we do though, I'll jump in. I've already tried the car, and it's brutal around Daytona.:thumbsup:

:confused:
Yes, yes, indeed I've read the OP last weekend, went for some offline testing, and did not check in until today to find out about the track change due to issues..:roflmao: Nvm, this car will be fun around the Glen too for sure

See you this evening. :thumbsup:
Or maybe tomorrow evening...
Thanks Denis! But it'll have to be a very thin pencilled place then.
Tomorrow we have a day out with the family planned, and I highly doubt we'll be home in time. If we do though, I'll jump in. I've already tried the car, and it's brutal around Daytona.:thumbsup:

:confused:
Yes, yes, indeed I've read the OP last weekend, went for some offline testing, and did not check in until today to find out about the track change due to issues..:roflmao: Nvm, this car will be fun around the Glen too for sure
I'll put you in as a maybe Rolan and if you don't make it we'll know why. :thumbsup:
Oooo yes im all in like in womens mmmm down under haha
Erm.... ok buddy, adding you now. :roflmao:

I wont be able to attend the race tonight, unfortunaly I have gotten the corona, ( tested positive yesterday) although I feel better today than I did the last two days, my body is still aching and still have a low grade fever. I thought I might get a bit better to drive tonight but it is not possible:(.

Have a great race guys and have fun.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies