rF2 S397 GT3 Sprint @ Zandvoort - Fri 05 Aug 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
lQD36zc.jpg

Summer is still over us in the northern hemisphere, and the heat is hot and the days are long. So instead of one long race, we're looking at two shorter races, so that we can get a short brake to wipe the sweat off the eyebrows and grab something to drink before we head off into another brawl.

Eligibility:
You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and TeamSpeak, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: esports]
[
RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GT3

Car(s):
  • McLaren 650S GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2017 & 2020) - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Mercedes AMG GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Radical RXC Turbo GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • McLaren 720S GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • BMW M6 GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Audi R8 LMS GT3 (2018 & 2019) - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • BMW M4 GT3 - [DLC] - For NEW users, it is included in [GT3 pack]. For rF2 users that own the GT3 pack, but bought it before the M4 arrived, use either [Q1 Pack] or [Single Car]

Track: Zandvoort [STEAM]
Layout:
N/A
Track Temperature: 23°C
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap, Rolling Start.
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Friday 05 August 2022
Practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 19:20 UTC (5 minutes)
Warm Up 1: 19:25 UTC (4 minutes)
Race 1 : 19:30 UTC (25 minutes)

Race 2: Grid based on reversed fastest laps in R1 (slowest first)!
Warm Up 2: 19:55 UTC (4 minutes)
Race 2: 20:00 UTC (25 minutes)

Zandvoort20.png

DRIVER LIST *Please do not choose the BMW M4 if you are a regular top 5 driver in our GT3 races.*

1. Roy Magnes
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold
  3. Dean Maković
  4. Jan Larsen
  5. Monkey T.
  6. Jimlaad43
  7. ThreeLionz
  8. Steve Le Gallez
  9. Ingemar Petersson
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Candy
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Parking
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot

Thanks again to @Roy Magnes who came up with the idea for this Friday, made the thread and sent it to me on PM. Yet again I have a massive week of work. This time because Manchester United and Atletico Madrid somehow have a pre-season friendly at our national stadium.

And in my haste I forgot to put my name on the list :laugh:

Sign me in, please.

In please :)

Sign me up, please:)

Sorry guys, I guess we'll postpone the event one week. While sprint racing works with lower numbers, 5 is too low. That combined with a quite hot day in Norway, it's still 27 degrees here, makes my own motivation quite low.

So, postponing it one week, so, please sign up "again" if you can next week :)

I'd love to join but haven't got the GT3 dlc. I'll keep my eye out for the next GTE event and will be there if it's one of the tracks in the game or DLC I own (Le Mans, Spa, Sebring)

The LMP / GTE combo seemed popular when I joined at Monza. Any plans for a series at all?

Last edited:
We will use that combination again going into the autumn after the summertime. We had a multiclass race last week, with 4 cars in each class. As that is a bit thin, we're tring to run single class races until the numbers pick up a bit again when the summer heat starts to leave and people want to get back inside to drive on friday evenings again :)

I'd love to join but haven't got the GT3 dlc. I'll keep my eye out for the next GTE event and will be there if it's one of the tracks in the game or DLC I own (Le Mans, Spa, Sebring)

The LMP / GTE combo seemed popular when I joined at Monza. Any plans for a series at all?

What Roy says is correct. Trying to do the LMP/GTE Combo every other week, but with the summer drought in numbers being up on us, and me having another mammoth-week at work with the Man Utd - Atl.Madrid match in Oslo today I just postponed the GT3 race, so I could use 0% energy on what to drive next week ;)

It's also a great time to test different mods :)

Series if it is like champioship? Nah. For multiple reason, the main being my own standards and time. I don't want to host serious racing if it is of lower quality than I know I've been a part of before. To avoid that I will have to spend a lot more time than I have motivation for. The RDRC took 40-50 hours per event at a minimum. Must admit I am not there at the moment. A proper run thing needs a lot of commitment over a long time.

I should be able to do this Friday. Sign me up please.

Put me back on the list aswell :)

Sign me up again, please:)

Sign me up please chaps

Of course!

Sorry guys on missing out the last couple of races. I've been a bit low with time to put on the rig lately. I hope I'll be able to hop back after the summer!

Summer tends to do that! :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Forum trophies