rF2 S397 GT3 @ Algarve (Portimao) - Fri 05 March 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Excellent race @Maciej Strzeboński, that was a lights to flag battle! I couldnt follow you in the beginning, you had too much pace. Later on though, it seemed like your pace dropped back off a bit and a real battle could commence. I never really got close enough to set up a decent passing attempt, but unfortunately you made that mistake, otherwise it would have been your race to win :thumbsup:

Anyone have an idea why my wipers started all of a sudden halfway the race? Don’t have a button mapped for it so I couldn’t stop them :)

Sorry for leaving early, but it was a really frustrating race for me. Got punted in lap 2 or 3 into T1 by someone, sending me into the barriers, then it all went downhill from there, I was spinning almost every lap like I had no rear aero after that punt. Had to pit for tires cause I destroyed them completely, and didn't seem to help the matter, so I just quit.

Quite enjoyed that after having a hiatus playing ms flight simulator.

Was please to be just 5 tenth from the front with little practice, messed up taking a gamble on harder tyres, had enough pace to hang on the first few laps but slowly dropped back to 5th then got a a drive through on the penultimate lap. Doh!

Cool chase with @SOLO59

Apart from that a race to forget :)

Yea that was really fun! Especially when we made it a 3 way battle! Crazy! I had to scrap my video for 2 reasons... First off, I simply changed Engine Mixture from Qualy to Race for the race. And in the race I was almost 2 seconds slower than when I had practiced with "Qualy Engine Mixture" and even full tank of fuel??? My driving really that bad? Lol Because I'm not sure exactly how that works, but does the engine mixture setting really make that much of a difference in pace? Lol Regardless, unless I'm in a endurance race with more than one pitstop, I'll be using the Qualy Engine Mixture moving forward instead of the "Race" option.

Secondly, my 5 year old action camera is confirmed TRASH lol... Once again, it shuts off before the race ended. This is with the camera plugged in to a phone charger. No worries, I'll be back to making my club racing videos, my new action camera arrived in the mail today and I'll be testing that bad boy out later this week on my days off. Its battery life is almost 2 hours which is enough for qualy and the race sessions untouched, so no more plugging in the camera. Lol

I'll be starting a new job in a couple weeks, my new schedule won't allow me to do Friday events anymore. I can do over more I think in a couple weeks. But I will be supporting the RF2 Historic club now that I'll be off work every-other-Thursday.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back