rF2 S397 Endurance @ Buriram(Chang) - Fri 04 Nov 2022

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Same 16gb here as well, no issues ever.

My race was kinda lonely once Ed let me by, and I mean LET me by. We were only a few car lengths apart when that massive stutter happened which caused havoc. Once over, we were side by side after recovering from our respective off's and for some reason Ed backed off, so did I, then he did again and then I went on as usual. I got the lead, but in really odd circumstances :O_o:
Anyway, settled down and got some laptimes in after a very scruffy opening laps where I just couldnt find a rythm, and started to pull away slightly. Then Ed fell back and Michel took over 2nd. I was experimenting with a low downforce setup for future use but it still needs some fine tuning as it was a bit loose nearing the stop. Pitted a little early to take new rears which made the car understeer quite a bit for the first few laps, but later it settled in quite nicely. Cruised it to the win after that, making sure I didnt get more cut warnings as I was already on 3,5 out of 5.
During the stutter it forces us both off and apparently it gave me track limits, so it was telling me "Illegal Pass", so I was forced to slow down and let you go.

I loved the feeling of being on the edge of grip but was struggling to tell if I was entering corners too quickly which would result in the back end coming round. From my limited experience in real cars this is bang on but very difficult to catch with no seat of the pants feel. More practice needed or maybe a setup change.

Oh, that explains it. I have never ever seen that happen :O_o:
Yeah, it was all a mess that part, and it was especially annoying as it gave me 1.75 points of track limits, so I got a drive through next time I went wide, hence why I suddenly lost 25 seconds I couldn't recover

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 135 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 48 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 55 35.0%