RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

R1 was fun, R2 was too until i got a little tap on the right rear corner, not that much, but too bad it was in the very fast right hander...went off and crashed big time with a nice flip too, looks good on replay though. i was out

race 1 was ok

race 2 was fun , until a kamikaze dive into T1 from a lacetti. Sad and bad driving from him. That was the 3 times you hit me when trying to overtake me.
Going into T1 i look in right mirror and out my right window. No car. I turn in for the turn, bang he hits me hard.

Later in the race,i mange to hit a Seat under braking. Sorry for that, my mistake. I waited for him

Took the beautiful FDR Peugeot 407 for a test run this morning at Watkins. What a fantastic car! I have only tried six or seven of the cars in the ATCC mod and they each have advantages and disadvantages in separate departments. Dariusz Swiderski has been pushing for me to go rear wheel drive (BMW diesel) and although it has an impressive top speed and very good mid-corner exit grunt (read: very hard to pass) it is not going to have very high mid-corner speed, not easy to qualify at some tracks, and let's not forget how easy it is to throw your race away with one small mistake.
This championship is going to be about consistency and I'm not convinced with Laguna Seca, Bathurst, and the interesting but looming "whether mod" that will play its hand! The BMW will do well at Sebring, Road America, and possibly Rattlesnake point although I haven't turned a lap yet there. This Peugeot was the epitome of consistency ripping off lap after lap without a thought of flying off the track!

Nonetheless I did not get the best out of the package again. It has been frustrating and exciting since joining Race Department. I have been consistently nailing my Super Pole laps by being tidy and have qualified no lower than the second row so far. I modified the gear a bit and low fuel for qualifying. She felt good, qualified P2, I believe a 1:53.2. Got a good start off the line, fell in line behind Jesper and settled in. He pulled a bit of a gap on the opening lap that I was able to reel back in on the first flyer. I was there or thereabouts within a second until lap 10 I made a small mistake and opened up a gap. Taking P2 about 2 seconds behind Jesper should've had some gratification especially since I almost pitted for tires on lap seven, until I realized this was a club event not a ATCC championship event. Bottom line though, another race craft mistake. I missed the managed my tires driving way too hard in the beginning thinking we were going to pit and didn't have enough at the end to mount a challenge on Jesper.
The Peugeot 407 throws down a sledgehammer complicating matters more by being a serious contender for the championship on its first ride! Seven of the first nine laps were ran in the 53 second bracket and the only two 54' S were laps I made small mistakes. This for sure is not the only good front wheel drive car but it is one of the winners! I can't wait for the mod to be finalized so we can make a final car choice! If the BMW diesel falls prey to any detuning it will make it easy to leave my rearwheel drive fantasy behind! To be truthful I really wanted to give the Mercedes a go but tire wear, especially the rear tire wear, will not allow it to be a competitive car presently over race distance. The diesel is better but keeping pace and on the pavement, in the last laps may prove challenging as well.

In race two I was hoping to see if I can keep in the 53 until the end by being kinder to the tires in the beginning while maintaining a high pace. I was not able to avoid Wood after he ran off the track and reentered immediately on the opening lap, and then was tapped in the rear quarter by another driver and couldn't avoid spinning as we snaked through the esses leading onto the back straight to begin lap 2.
This was the first time I had been spun out on Race Department, and I'm sure that will happen again, but frustration levels were off the chart. Today was practice on maintaining my composure after unfortunate racing circumstances. I did not pass my test, but as with all aspects of my racing here on Race Department, I look forward to improving!

Thanks again to Race Department for the best online racing! Thanks Eric for setting up the races and congrats on your win. I like your car! It is now on the top of my list (as long as it doesn't suffer detuning! LOL)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back