RX plugin: More stages in game menu list

Question,
I have about 40-60 stage in "RX_CONTENT/Tracks" folder, but in game menu I see 18-22 stage (depends resolution). Is it some fix or upgrade, to scroll down stage list?

I am having the same problems:

1) I cannot scroll the list of tracks in RBR RX plugin. How can this be done?
2) After a track has been loaded (or if you press BACKSPACE to return), suddenly 1 of 2 things happens:
- there are only 2 menu items "Replay" and something else, but the cursor is way down, as if another invisible menu is active in the background (with much more than 2 menu entries)
- the menu is completely empty, no menu entries at all!!!

Does anyone have a solution?
Is there some other plugin that can load BTB tracks?

I have the same problem. In my RX Plugin menu in game, the scrolling works but the screen doesn't follow, so I can just select from what is on the "first" page. I can select other stages further down the menu, but I can't see them so I just select a random stage. Any help?

I have the same problem. In my RX Plugin menu in game, the scrolling works but the screen doesn't follow, so I can just select from what is on the "first" page. I can select other stages further down the menu, but I can't see them so I just select a random stage. Any help?

I'll just copy here my reply from http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/fix-a-new-rx-plugin.130090/#post-2660209

No, there's nothing we can do about it, it is what it is. Depending on the resolution, you can see only 20-25 stages at a time. Undoubtedly BTB stages is something where RSRBR would excel bigly with the tyre selection being more practical and 7z packs taking less space, if only the car content was updated.

The problem is not that I can see 20 stages at a time, it’s that I can only see the same stages even though I can scroll down. I read the other thread now and can’t understand why it won’t work. How is RBRCIT and NGP supposed to work then? With what stages? Why does Workerbee write that he’s not interested in BTB stages? Is it meant to only be used with the vanilla stages?

I like the simplicity of administrating the cars and that they’re always updated with RBRCIT but for stages RSRBR was better, and it used the previous version of NGP which I felt was more intuitive to drive with default setups than the current version. Too bad you can’t get the best of two worlds.

Regarding the tyre choice, I know you can change tyres with RSRBR. Do you use this to do tarmac stages with gravel tyres and vice versa or can you actually change compounds?

Last edited:
The problem is not that I can see 20 stages at a time, it’s that I can only see the same stages even though I can scroll down. I read the other thread now and can’t understand why it won’t work.

I can't quite follow you. I think you're essentially just repeating the same thing as everyone else. Just deal with it and have only 20 stages installed in \RX_CONTENT\Tracks at a time.

How is RBRCIT and NGP supposed to work then? With what stages? Why does Workerbee write that he’s not interested in BTB stages? Is it meant to only be used with the vanilla stages?

But they do work, on every stage, BTB or otherwise. And I can't speak for The Bee but here's a wild guess: he's not interested in BTB stages. Just stating his opinion. But again, it doesn't make NGP any less compatible with BTB.

Regarding the tyre choice, I know you can change tyres with RSRBR. Do you use this to do tarmac stages with gravel tyres and vice versa or can you actually change compounds?

Erm, more like making sure that I don't go to gravel stages with tarmac tyres. This doesn't answer your question but what I was alluding to with my tyre selection remark was that when BTB stages are installed to vanilla RBR, to ensure that you'd have the right tyres on you have to use a small utility called RBRWrong+tyre because there is this seemingly random behaviour in RX plugin where it sometimes can choose the right tyres automatically and some other times can't. Not that big of a deal by any means but still something that makes RSCenter's way of launching and exiting the game more practical with BTB stages especially. (Although it has to be said that occasionally with RXRSRBR stages you have to ctrl+alt+del yourself out of the game, so swings and roundabouts.)

I can't quite follow you. I think you're essentially just repeating the same thing as everyone else. Just deal with it and have only 20 stages installed in \RX_CONTENT\Tracks at a time.

OK. I accept this I just want to know why it is this way. I keep all the stages installed, I just made a cheat sheet of how many times I press the arrow button to reach what stage.

Regarding the tyre situation, since changing from RSRBR to just using RBRCIT I am yet to experience a wrong tyre choice for a stage. Everything with RBR is, as you'd expect, a bit swings and roundabouts.

It is like that because the creator of RX plugin Black F. aka JHarro left it like that before leaving the RBR community 10 years ago. For insight, read this: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rx-content-vs-orignal-rbr-format-wally.5475/page-4#post-380332

If that is true what you say about the tyres, there's a good chance that you will NEVER encounter the issue then and you can consider yourself very lucky. I haven't driven that much on BTB stages in recent years - especially in vanilla installation - so I don't know if I could have done something differently to avoid it myself. One of those things I didn't care enough to look into.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.