Rusty Valley Raceway (Now with reverse layout)

Tracks Rusty Valley Raceway (Now with reverse layout) 0.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
RustyRussell84 submitted a new resource:

Rusty Valley Raceway - An old abandoned track in the middle of nowhere

Greetings, fellow racers!
I present you Rusty Valley Raceway, my first track I made after six months of on and off Blender learning.

This an old abandoned track in the middle of American nowhere. With deteriorated road surface, severe elevation changes and some negative camber surprises you are in for a harsh rollercoaster of a ride! I hope you enjoy!

This track is best suited for road cars with robust suspension, not so much for racing cars unless...

Read more about this resource...

Not a bad track, nicely detailed, layout is challenging. But with my DD wheel, the road surface isn't really fun. Lowering FFB gain is no solution because it takes away from the car feel. I don't mind a bumpy old track at all, but this is a bit much imo.
Also, I had to lower track exposure (in SOL) to 30% to get rid of the overexposure.

Edit: forgot to mention: don't use capital letters in the file name, CM (content manager) doesn't like that and records no driven distance.

Last edited:
Not a bad track, nicely detailed, layout is challenging. But with my DD wheel, the road surface isn't really fun. Lowering FFB gain is no solution because it takes away from the car feel. I don't mind a bumpy old track at all, but this is a bit much imo.
Also, I had to lower track exposure (in SOL) to 30% to get rid of the overexposure.

Edit: forgot to mention: don't use capital letters in the file name, CM (content manager) doesn't like that and records no driven distance.
Thank you for feedback!
I'll have to look in to road surface situation, it would've been so much easier if I had a DD wheel:rolleyes: :cry:

I don't know about SOL though, all my screenshots in overview are made with 100% exposure, I guess with all the CSP and SOL version combinations out there it's like a lottery. Looks like I'll have to wait for more feedback from different people with different systems.

Last edited:
Thanks for the track.
I'm seeing a lot of z-fighting on the billboards, they flicker quite badly at distance. Anyone else, or is it my settings?
Yeah, had this problem from the start and not with all but with some billboards for some reason! I'm really hoping someone can point out the solution because nothing I've done helped yet.

UPD:
Ok, I found the solution, will be fixed in the next update

Last edited:
An interesting track, significant elevation changes please, the road is moderately bumpy (I have t300rs)
The track allows you to have fun, slide, it's interesting to drive a car (retro car)
Regarding the problems, I have strange artifacts on the sides of the roadway, from a distance it seems that the edges are framed by a dotted line, but near it becomes a solid line (seen in the video) and I only have this on this track.

An interesting track, significant elevation changes please, the road is moderately bumpy (I have t300rs)
The track allows you to have fun, slide, it's interesting to drive a car (retro car)
Regarding the problems, I have strange artifacts on the sides of the roadway, from a distance it seems that the edges are framed by a dotted line, but near it becomes a solid line (seen in the video) and I only have this on this track.
Thanks for feedback!
I think I have a solution for your artifact issue. Try turning up Anisotropic Filtering to 16x or at least 8x either in AC Video setting or GPU (NVIDIA) panel. This should fix it.

Thanks for feedback!
I think I have a solution for your artifact issue. Try turning up Anisotropic Filtering to 16x or at least 8x either in AC Video setting or GPU (NVIDIA) panel. This should fix it.
I wanted to first write that I already have it turned on at 16x, but I decided to check it first, and indeed, in the NVIDIA panel, all the settings for this game were reset to default (although I configured them myself earlier) and by default there is "control from the application" , and in the game itself, anisotropic filtering was turned off on the advice from this forum, such a collision))
everything is working now, thanks.
Do you plan to add cameras in replays?

I wanted to first write that I already have it turned on at 16x, but I decided to check it first, and indeed, in the NVIDIA panel, all the settings for this game were reset to default (although I configured them myself earlier) and by default there is "control from the application" , and in the game itself, anisotropic filtering was turned off on the advice from this forum, such a collision))
everything is working now, thanks.
Do you plan to add cameras in replays?
Glad to hear everything worked out!
I want to make cameras, although last time I tried KS-editor behaved very buggy so I failed, I'll try and do it again when I have more free time.

RustyRussell84 updated Rusty Valley Raceway with a new update entry:

Fixes + new VAO

- fixed a lot of normals using diffuse textures and looking weird at certain time of day: race tower and its clocks, concrete blocks, marshals huts (holy crap how did I miss that:confused:)
- baked new VAO patch (track looks a bit more contrasty)
- made some textures look darkes and less saturated for less cartooney look
- found and fixes more alpha textures being transparent in a wrong way and looking weird.
- gave a secret tent a proper textile texture:D

[COLOR=rgb(250, 197...[/B]

Read the rest of this update entry...

RustyRussell84 updated Rusty Valley Raceway (Now with reverse layout) with a new update entry:

Car catch fence structure with lighting + visual terrain rework

Now you can crash into Death Canyon hairpin without any fear of falling off the cliff, yay!

now with:

- Death Canyon hairpin is now with car-catch safety fence structure with lighting

- reworked terrain with more detail in road edges

- asphalt surface and edges keep evolving (special thanks to Shuffy and OMEGA for helping with texture artifacts and ext_config stuff!)

View attachment 675193View attachment 675194
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back