Russian F1 Team: MaRussia

MOSCOW, November 11. Exclusive racing cars manufacturer, the newly established Russian company Marussia Motors acquired significant stake in Virgin Racing, to create the Russian Formula 1 team on its basis.
The debut of the British Virgin Racing team in Formula 1 was in March 2010 in Bahrain. Before the last stage of the current racing season, which will be held this weekend in the United Arab Emirates, the command is not scored any points. Marussia Motors supplies the software for the engine control unit fireballs Virgin Racing. "Formula 1" is among the three most popular sporting events on television audience is second only to the World Cup and Olympic Games.

"The contract was signed in London on Friday night to Saturday (from 5 th to 6 th November) at 4.28 am Moscow time.

The deal is fully financed by Marussia Motors.

"Of course, for us it was a difficult decision. I can not voice the amount of the transaction, but a lot of money, trust me "- said the president of the company.

Fomenko said that since the 2011 season the team will be called Marussia Virgin Racing.

The contract between Marussia Motors and Virgin Racing - the second attempt to create a national Russian team in Formula 1. " In 2005, the Midland Group Canadian businessman of Russian origin, Alex Schneider acquired F-1 team Jordan. At its base was established team Midland F1, which in 2006 came under the Russian flag. After an unsuccessful 2006 season, Schneider sold the team of Spyker Cars NV («Spyker»).

Marussia Motors ("Maroussia Motors") - Russian automobile company producing sporting premium cars. The company was founded in 2007 in Moscow.

More at http://news.mail.ru/sport/news/formula1/4755933/

Jérôme D'Ambrosio is close to signing a contract with Marussia for the first pilot of the team.

In the final races of the 2010 season the 24-year-old pilot is regularly replaced debutant Brazilian Lucas Di Grassi at the wheel of Virgin Racing during Friday free practices.

While the first pilot Timo Glock has virtually assured himself a place in the British team, his team-mate is still under consideration. But recently the Belgian newspaper La Derniere Heure and La Libre spread information that they almost certainly be D'Ambrosio.

The team management approved the appearance of the Belgian driver in the team last week, it remains only to obtain the confirmation from Russia's new shareholder and the title sponsor of the team Marussia. Most likely, the official information will appear before Christmas.

Jerome D'Ambrosio: "I did everything I can." Now it is just waiting. "

http://www.f1-world.ru/news/news.php3?idnews=1012080005

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.3%