Runtime error

My rig is a, core2duo e8600, 2gb ram, win 7, gtx 560 ti 1gb Latest nvidia driver, Iam trying to run the isle of man track and the run time error appears when I try to load the track (this app has requested the run time to terminate in an unusual way) ??

You have a strang setup with only 2gb ram, try to upgrade to 4 gb because I think that you run out of ram.

Here is a posible solution from Bram:
"I have removed the entire RACE 07 folder and custom skins folder yesterday. Deleted the two .blob files and restarted steam. Now its running okay again for some weird reason.
In the steam folder, removing this two .blob files fix most steam related issues but be awar you need your account infos to log in again after deleting them."

Before removing anything, take a look in the custom skins folder. If there is a recent errors.log file, your issue might be there.

I have seen before that problems with skins can cause runtime errors. Check in the errors.log first, remove any skins with issues, and try again. If it still does not work correctly, you can always do the trick Peter suggested. This has less impact ;)

My immediate thoughts on this :
Ram is low, but shouldn't cause a problem, especially given that all other tracks work and that you have a 1GB graphics card.

The blob files is a fix that can solve numerous problems, but usually when they get messed up the game won't start at all.

Which brings me to the track.. . whenever I install any add ons I always run a defrag, the files you add can sometimes be spread all over the hard disc, and that can cause problems as the processor waits for the hdd to pull them together, although in the case of tracks this usually manifests itself as laggy graphics once on track. It may help though with such a big track.

The most likely sounding culprit is that you, somehow have a version of the track that is not the Race version, GTL, GPL or rFactor version, or assuming you do have the Race07 version, that the files aren't in the right place or are corrupt, try re-unzipping and reinstalling the track, maybe downloading again. Be sure to delete what you already installed first.

Hope you solve it and when you do, please post to let us know, hopefully it'll save someone else a headache later.

It's the track. It's too big and you do not have enough RAM to run it. I have the exact same problem with all massive mod tracks, such as Targa.

You can try reducing all your graphics options to reduce memory usage, or you can upgrade your RAM. Or just don't run the track.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.