Ruapuna 2023

Tracks Ruapuna 2023 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Luis Barata submitted a new resource:

Ruapuna 2023 - Ruapuna Park - 6 layouts from the 1.200 km "A Track" to the 3.380 km "GP" +dipper

Opened as Ruapana Park in 1963, Euromarque Motorsport Park (often referred to as Ruapuna) is a permanent motor racing circuit owned and operated by the Canterbury Car Club Inc on land leased from the Christchurch City Council. It is located at 107 Hasketts Road in Templeton, 13-kilometre (8.1 mi) west of Christchurch, New Zealand.
It supports seven layouts (1993–present), from the 1.200 km (0.746 mi) "A Track" to the 3.380 km (2.100 mi) "Grand Prix with dipper"(this version misses the 'A'...

Read more about this resource...

The usual layouts maps graphics is missing in CM ... it would be cool to have it there too

1700313551075.png

Last edited:
Hi, I've been giving this track a go and it's fantastic, best Rua in AC and possibly sim racing.

Two small, quick notes - the first being identical to the post above - the layout graphics in CM are missing. It might be worth a redo for the circuit pictures as well, but that's a subjective thing.

The second thing is that I noticed that DRS is not defined - I was testing with the RSS Formula 3, and DRS was on in every layout I tried, and I could use it whenever i want. This is easily fixed, I believe.

Thank you for this faithful rendition of Ruapuna.

Last edited:
thanks for this. I tried it with ai doing laps as I dont have access to my wheel at the moment.
I spent alot of time at this track over the years, and was involved in taking photos for the version that was created by Hugh Jarse, and later Rainmaker.
This version looks kind of like it, but it misses the mark, especially with the mountains at both ends, The ones visible at the end of the main straight, are the southern Alps, the ones at the other end are the Port Hills of Christchurch. There are also trees in places that just look wrong. Layouts, and pits area look pretty good, but the scenery, it just doesnt feel like the right track, where RainMakers version is so much closer.

To the guy asking about DRS zones, no tracks in NZ run any class of cars that run DRS, so DRS zones are not present in real life.
Take a look at video from the canterbury car club. (I attempted to add a link to the video, but this site wont allow it) facebook.com/CanterburyCarClub

http://www .facebook.com/watch/?v=1558151497694225 (remove spaces between www and the .facebook)

Last edited:
To the guy asking about DRS zones, no tracks in NZ run any class of cars that run DRS, so DRS zones are not present in real life.
Take a look at video from the canterbury car club. (I attempted to add a link to the video, but this site wont allow it) facebook.com/CanterburyCarClub

http://www .facebook.com/watch/?v=1558151497694225 (remove spaces between www and the .facebook)
Yes, I know, that was the point of my post. It was not a question.

When DRS is not defined on an AC track, it means you can use DRS everywhere. Not the other way around. From my understanding disabling DRS entirely requires manual input by the author, either as an extremely small DRS zone in the drs.ini file or baking it into the track itself. That was my criticism - on this version of the track, DRS is available 100% of the time.

Hopefully that's clearer.

Last edited:
Hi, I've been giving this track a go and it's fantastic, best Rua in AC and possibly sim racing.

Two small, quick notes - the first being identical to the post above - the layout graphics in CM are missing. It might be worth a redo for the circuit pictures as well, but that's a subjective thing.

The second thing is that I noticed that DRS is not defined - I was testing with the RSS Formula 3, and DRS was on in every layout I tried, and I could use it whenever i want. This is easily fixed, I believe.

Thank you for this faithful rendition of Ruapuna.
The DRS is a good point I forgot completely. Thanks. It will be updated to remove it.
* the DRS by default is a complete failure of every game would have been better if they did the opposite.

thanks for this. I tried it with ai doing laps as I dont have access to my wheel at the moment.
I spent alot of time at this track over the years, and was involved in taking photos for the version that was created by Hugh Jarse, and later Rainmaker.
This version looks kind of like it, but it misses the mark, especially with the mountains at both ends, The ones visible at the end of the main straight, are the southern Alps, the ones at the other end are the Port Hills of Christchurch. There are also trees in places that just look wrong. Layouts, and pits area look pretty good, but the scenery, it just doesnt feel like the right track, where RainMakers version is so much closer.

The trees have been done in the same place of the above Google Earth maybe not completely the right trees which is always difficult to get or the correct height. Nevertheless the game zoom oblige us to sometimes get the trees closer (due to the zoom) to look more like the real. Far scenery objects are always a problem due to game zoom, we need to make a balance to get them visible enough. Never compare a real picture with a camera zoom with the game camera zoom because it's different besides we never drive with 100 FOV.

The trees have been done in the same place of the above Google Earth maybe not completely the right trees which is always difficult to get or the correct height. Nevertheless the game zoom oblige us to sometimes get the trees closer (due to the zoom) to look more like the real. Far scenery objects are always a problem due to game zoom, we need to make a balance to get them visible enough. Never compare a real picture with a camera zoom with the game camera zoom because it's different besides we never drive with 100 FOV.
sorry but it does not look real. have you ever been to the track? I compared to having been there and from onboard video, clearly you didnt, the hills are way wrong, even the hills at the port hills end arent even close to how they look closer up, and the ones you see at turn 1/2 look far too close. The trees are just wrong, wrong wrong. Check out Rainmakers version, it is far closer to how the track looks in reality (not based on a camera, but actually being there)

Last edited:
sorry but it does not look real. have you ever been to the track? I compared to having been there and from onboard video, clearly you didnt, the hills are way wrong, even the hills at the port hills end arent even close to how they look closer up, and the ones you see at turn 1/2 look far too close. The trees are just wrong, wrong wrong. Check out Rainmakers version, it is far closer to how the track looks in reality (not based on a camera, but actually being there)
fine.

The DRS is a good point I forgot completely. Thanks. It will be updated to remove it.
* the DRS by default is a complete failure of every game would have been better if they did the opposite.
Yes, it's a failure of AC for sure. Silly how it was set up.

I've since run an AI Race weekend on the GP config, both in the Formula 3 RSS and the Guerrilla Mod Sin GT4. While the AI is pretty well paced, they do run into each other quite a lot on the pit straight and into Turn 2 (Flexopass). They clean up after that though, and behave well throughout the lap. Pace-wise, they're pretty competitive, save for being a bit too slow through Jeff's Corner and Cookram Nissan corners. Not sure if any AI changes can be made, and it's a pretty good experience already if you can survive the T2 carnage, but I'd figure I'd share my notes on the AI after spending an hour or two with them.

Cheers again for this excellent track.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a failure of AC for sure. Silly how it was set up.

I've since run an AI Race weekend on the GP config, both in the Formula 3 RSS and the Guerrilla Mod Sin GT4. While the AI is pretty well paced, they do run into each other quite a lot on the pit straight and into Turn 2 (Flexopass). They clean up after that though, and behave well throughout the lap. Pace-wise, they're pretty competitive, save for being a bit too slow through Jeff's Corner and Cookram Nissan corners. Not sure if any AI changes can be made, and it's a pretty good experience already if you can survive the T2 carnage, but I'd figure I'd share my notes on the AI after spending an hour or two with them.

Cheers again for this excellent track.
I guess you are talking of the Grand Prix circuit AI. Is always possible to make new AI the main problem is that each different car behaves on a different way, sometimes making it faster in certain points of the circuit makes some cars to overreacting and crashing, the AI in AC is still (I suppose) a work in progress, the edition of it is pretty basic and limited and don't aloud to much tweaks (as for instance the rF2 editor) the process of doing it is quite frustrating and the result not the best when testing it with different types of cars. As I said is possible to make new AI in my case I have never tested it in race with faster cars, which are not set for this type of track, and never had these problems, but we will see if an update will bring something new.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 458 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 281 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 302 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 177 27.0%
Back