RSS Formula Hybrid X Evo Mercedes W13 Livery

Skins RSS Formula Hybrid X Evo Mercedes W13 Livery 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content

shadow118

Premium
Lovely livery! However, you're missing a couple of key highlights on the livery.

1. The Petronas and Syntium logos on the front wing, rear wing, and sidepods all have a shiny white outline as seen in the reference press photos of the car. (Side note: from the shakedown earlier, it seems that the Syntium logo does not have this white outline on the front wing. There also seems to be a new Ineos logo present on the front wing endplate, not sure what it is though).
1645220534066.png
1645220543180.png
1645220561491.png
1645220715734.png
1645220858941-png.542350

2. You are missing the 'Petronas teal' highlight and the inner black paint on the halo. From the shots below, you can clearly see that this has been painted onto the halo and is not part of any sort of aerodynamic elements that are part of the halo.

1645220619726.png
1645220637891.png

That's about it really, apart from the obvious missing driver gloves/suits. Those were the few nitpicky things I spotted upon downloading and looking at the skin; the rest of the livery is absolutely fantastic! ;)

Attachments

• 1645220858941.png
    1645220858941.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 5,361
2. You are missing the 'Petronas teal' highlight and the inner black paint on the halo.
I thought that teal was a separate piece, like on the 2021 car, but if it's just paint, I'll fix it in an update.
As for the Petronas outlines, when making the skin, I was using some low res pictures as reference, I thought those outlines were image artefacts :D I guess I'll add those too

I thought that teal was a separate piece, like on the 2021 car, but if it's just paint, I'll fix it in an update.
As for the Petronas outlines, when making the skin, I was using some low res pictures as reference, I thought those outlines were image artefacts :D I guess I'll add those too
Quite impressive you were able to make this quality livery with low resolution photos! :laugh:

Yeah the halo elements seem to be painted on for the show car and press shots, but I would assume Mercedes would probably implement an actual aerodynamic piece to the halo for it later on, not sure though. :)

Last edited:
Really good looking livery. Just wanted to give you one suggestion for the silver. When I remade the liveries for the FH17 I found a way to make the silver look more metallic by adding the following to the ext_config.ini
[INCLUDE: common/materials_carpaint.ini];CarPaintMaterial = 2021_Chassis_P

[Material_CarPaint_Chrome]
Materials = 2021_Chassis_P
FresnelMax = 0.6
FresnelC = 0.75
BrightnessAdjustment = 0.9
ColoredSpecular = 1.0
AmbientSpecular = 0.255
AmbientSpecularEXP = 2.5
ClearCoatThickness = 0.2155
these numbers might need some tweaking. You can enable it by creating a white region in the _MAP. Would be great if you could add this.

shadow118 updated Formula Hybrid X 2022 Evo Mercedes W13 Livery with a new update entry:

Fixes

- Added outlines to Petronas and Syntium logos (should look a bit like chrome, depending on the lighting)
- Changed the wheel covers to better match the design from the testing car
- Added the checkered flags above INEOS logos on the wing fins
- Added details to the halo
- Changed the mirrors a bit, made the teal strips wider (there is supposed to be a logo on the mirror, but I have no idea, which one is it, so I left it blank. If anyone knows, I'm all ears)
- Updated 44 and 63 numbers, to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Really good looking livery. Just wanted to give you one suggestion for the silver. When I remade the liveries for the FH17 I found a way to make the silver look more metallic by adding the following to the ext_config.ini

these numbers might need some tweaking. You can enable it by creating a white region in the _MAP. Would be great if you could add this.
I have tried that on some other livery, but I don't really like it because I can't control where the chrome (metal or whatever material) goes. It applies it to the whole livery. You can adjust it slightly with the map, but it still affect's the whole thing.
The grey parts might look cool, but the carbon and teal will look weird, even with map adjustments

I have tried that on some other livery, but I don't really like it because I can't control where the chrome (metal or whatever material) goes. It applies it to the whole livery. You can adjust it slightly with the map, but it still affect's the whole thing.
The grey parts might look cool, but the carbon and teal will look weird, even with map adjustments
Yes that does make it look a bit odd. On the FH17, I did manage to only apply it to the silver by blacking it out on the map
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2017_ks_silverstone_31-6-121-18-39-5.jpg

31_2017_Chassis_P_AO.png

Not sure whether it would work for the FHX. The livery looks great with or without it but if it does work it may add something

On the FH17, I did manage to only apply it to the silver by blacking it out on the map
Yeah, but when you make the map black, there are no reflections at all in that spot. In your livery you can see that the black rear fin looks like it's covered in Vantablack or something, and there's no reflections on the teal parts either. It's basically all or nothing with this method. If you try to make different reflections for different parts, the chrome shows through and it doesn't work anymore.

1645270697996.png
Regarding you patch notes this is the logo that is supposed to e on the mirror it is the Syntium logo don't know what it look like on the other side of the mirror

Hey, man! First off, brilliant livery, really well done. Just a quick thing to mention, the LED_covers.dds file doesn't show the AMG logos on Photoshop. All that appears is a black square, not the LED_cover file with the AMG logos . This was to photoshop it onto the F1 2022 wheel cover mod so that it'll look more realistic. Is there any way to fix it?

Last edited:
Hey, man! First off, brilliant livery, really well done. Just a quick thing to mention, the LED_covers.dds file doesn't show the AMG logos on Photoshop. All that appears is a black square, not the LED_cover file with the AMG logos . This was to photoshop it onto the F1 2022 wheel cover mod so that it'll look more realistic. Is there any way to fix it?
Install Intel Textureworks Plugin, then it will show in Photoshop. I save DDS textures as BC7, which the Nvidia plugin doesn't understand

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back