RSS Formula Hybrid 2023 - Livery Guide

Skins RSS Formula Hybrid 2023 - Livery Guide 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can you please create such a Livery Guide for the RSS Formula Americas 2020 as well?
I'll give it a go!

EDIT:
I've worked today on it and here it is! https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-formula-americas-livery-guide.60671/
Hopefully this helps with your liveries!
__custom_showroom_1684439339.png
__custom_showroom_1684438982.png

Last edited:
could someone point me towards the suspension arms? i can't seem to find them for some reason.
If I remember correctly the suspension arms aren't an actual part that's on the 2023_Chassis_P file which I've included. They're apart of another file called "HR_Map_2". This file is able to be taken from the RSS provided Templates or from their provided liveries.

If I remember correctly the suspension arms aren't an actual part that's on the 2023_Chassis_P file which I've included. They're apart of another file called "HR_Map_2". This file is able to be taken from the RSS provided Templates or from their provided liveries.
yeah, there's only one small part of the suspension linked to the 2023_Chassis_P file, I managed to find it.

I would like some help, I don't manage to convert the floor to carbon fiber, I don't know if it is a limitation for the program I use (I use GIMP because I don't have the money nor the machine to use Photoshop) or because I'm not using the original PSD (I prefered to do it on a new file and copy the AO and UV to guide myself and simplify it). If you need a screenshot or the psd file or something I'll provide it with pleasure. Thanks again for the help

How do i assign a material like metallic or matt?
Apologies for such a late response.

To create a metallic texture you're going to want to create a new file with the exact same dimensions as the "2023_Chassis_P" file and name this new file "2023_Chassis_P_MAP". The easiest way to do this is to just copy and paste the file and rename it.

The alpha channels from what I can tell don't have any use within the MAP file however I might be mistaken.

This file uses brightness to determine what kind of texture to apply. The darker, the less reflective (therefore creating a Matte texture). Leave it white for a metallic texture.

I recommend for any carbon textures to use a gray colour as black causes the carbon textures to appear so black you can't tell the geometry of the car making it look unnatural (Like this BMW).

Again, apologies for the response time and hopefully this helps you or anyone with their liveries!
- Charlie Hobbs Design

(The information above is correct for the RaceSimStudio Formula Hybrid 2023, I'm unaware if it works for any previous releases)

I would like some help, I don't manage to convert the floor to carbon fiber, I don't know if it is a limitation for the program I use (I use GIMP because I don't have the money nor the machine to use Photoshop) or because I'm not using the original PSD (I prefered to do it on a new file and copy the AO and UV to guide myself and simplify it). If you need a screenshot or the psd file or something I'll provide it with pleasure. Thanks again for the help
Sorry for being slow to get back to you,
Carbon fiber is controlled by Alpha Channels. You paint them black for carbon and leave them white for normal paint. You can use grays for a coloured carbon look.

According to this video you can create Alpha Channels in GIMP by right clicking in the layers section add pressing "Add Alpha Channels". Photoshop has the Alpha layers in its own separate tab for any Photoshop users.

- Charlie Hobbs Design

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 53 27.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Forum trophies