RSS Formula Hybrid 2022 EVO curb performance

Hello fellow sim racers,

I have been playing around with the RSS Formula Hybrid 2022 Evo a lot and in large I am enjoying it. I am rather new to making my own setups but one issue I can't seem to improve is how this vehicle handles curbs. I understand this is a ground effects car so inherently you will loose downforce riding a curb as you are disrupting the airflow under the car on an uneven surface. I can come to terms with that but it seems the car bounces rather violently too, it almost feels like it looses it's mass. Does anyone else experience this issue and perhaps have some tips on how to improve it? I have tried making the suspension less stiff and softening the bump stops but I don't notice a huge difference.

Also worth noting, this does not only happen when hitting a curb in the apex of a corner. I notice the bouncing even if I dip one wheel on a curb in a straight. I look forward to hearing others experience with this issue.

Thanks!

There's no simple solution to this for these new 2022 cars - they are just not comfortable riding curbs. There are ways to make the car more compliant but if you watch the F1 drivers, they treat the curbs with a lot more respect this season than previously.

The FST bump and FST rebound settings can make a difference when hitting curbs - try a softer bump and stiffer rebound, but if it's a bumpy track, this could cause issues around the rest of the circuit as the springs will not extend enough before hitting the next bump - once you're out of suspension travel, the chassis takes the impact and you lose the contact with the track surface.

Having a soft anti-roll bar at the front can help too, but again, you can compromise handling throughout the lap, losing much more time than you gain from riding a couple of curbs.

Is there a particular track & set of curbs that's really causing you an issue?

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 85 90.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 30.9%