RSR live timing is back up

I just started Assetto Corsa was loving the live timing leader board app but they took it down now what?? Is there anything similar so I have something to go by as far as hot lap times ??

Guess they didn't get enough donations to continue. No others I know of.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rsr-live-timing-v2-0-027-shut-down.606/
"After reading Minolin post about his decision to shut down Minorating, we've been thinking once more about the GDPR compliancy.
The truth is that we are not sure if the modifications we have done so far on the website are enough to comply to the GDPR regulations. We are not even sure if it applies to our case, to be honest.
Unfortunately this is a risk we are not willing to take, not with our name on the line, at least.
For this reason, we have taken the decision to shut down our service immediately."

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rsr-live-timing-v2-0-027-shut-down.606/
"After reading Minolin post about his decision to shut down Minorating, we've been thinking once more about the GDPR compliancy.
The truth is that we are not sure if the modifications we have done so far on the website are enough to comply to the GDPR regulations. We are not even sure if it applies to our case, to be honest.
Unfortunately this is a risk we are not willing to take, not with our name on the line, at least.
For this reason, we have taken the decision to shut down our service immediately."
Sounds like an excuse to shut it down rather than a reason. There's plenty of free government help and advice available regarding GDPR (I've responsible for getting us up to code in my own company), so being 'not even sure' about it sounds a bit more like 'not even interested'.

I might be entirely wrong but they were making noises about shutting it down long before GDPR was cited as a factor. It seems a little convenient to mention it now.

Sounds like an excuse to shut it down rather than a reason. There's plenty of free government help and advice available regarding GDPR (I've responsible for getting us up to code in my own company), so being 'not even sure' about it sounds a bit more like 'not even interested'.

I might be entirely wrong but they were making noises about shutting it down long before GDPR was cited as a factor. It seems a little convenient to mention it now.
Agree.. I don't want to be unfair to them because after all they provided us with a free service, but honestly after getting our donations just recently they could have handled the thing with a bit more professionalism.

I'm afraid this is the way internet works, so I'll avoid getting annoyed by your comment and simply explain my point of view. :sneaky:

I was afraid we would have some conspiracy theories about it. We haven't really run away with the money, we paid the bill for the next year with it.

The "not even sure" part is because, in all honesty, despite I've tried to get more info about it (see here), I coudn't be 100% sure about it. With my name on the line, not so much free time, having a family, work, a mortgage to pay and so on, I was not comfortable with risking to have potential problems because of that, especially after reading minolin post. Would you?

We "made noise" about shutting down in early December, well before the full discussion about GDPR has started on AC forum, and as explained at that time, the problem was mainly about time. If you want to understand the amount of work is behind the support for this app, check this. Maybe you will be more grateful on people that did this for free for 4 years.

Easy to judge other people behaviour when you are not involved, isn't it?

Luckily Jaap, a very good friend, just threw at us a lifeline, allowing us to reopen, after the necessary changes.
What I admired the most about his behaviour is that not only gave us his expert advice, but most importanty, he put himself forward.

Once more this is something that anyone else could have done, with us or with Minorating. If you have good ideas, or you can offer your expert advice, don't just shout sentences, hidden behind your keyboard and your nickname. Take Jaap example and put yourself forward next time :rolleyes:

I'm afraid this is the way internet works, so I'll avoid getting annoyed by your comment and simply explain my point of view. :sneaky:

I was afraid we would have some conspiracy theories about it. We haven't really run away with the money, we paid the bill for the next year with it.

The "not even sure" part is because, in all honesty, despite I've tried to get more info about it (see here), I coudn't be 100% sure about it. With my name on the line, not so much free time, having a family, work, a mortgage to pay and so on, I was not comfortable with risking to have potential problems because of that, especially after reading minolin post. Would you?

We "made noise" about shutting down in early December, well before the full discussion about GDPR has started on AC forum, and as explained at that time, the problem was mainly about time. If you want to understand the amount of work is behind the support for this app, check this. Maybe you will be more grateful on people that did this for free for 4 years.

Luckily Jaap, a very good friend, just threw at us a lifeline, allowing us to reopen, after the necessary changes.
What I admired the most about his behaviour is that not only gave us his expert advice, but most importanty, he put himself forward.

Once more this is something that anyone else could have done, with us or with Minorating. If you have good ideas, or you can offer your expert advice, don't just shout sentences, hidden behind your keyboard and your nickname. Take Jaap example and put yourself forward next time :rolleyes:
No offence was intended but I can see now that my earlier comment was flippant, very badly worded, and indeed offensive, so profound apologies for that. It was purely speculation on my part and I really should have kept my thoughts to myself. Mine was a knee-jerk reaction based on a gut feeling with very little knowledge of the facts. I'm glad you've put the record straight and I apologise again for being an ass. I can't even blame early-morning lack of caffeine. Consider me suitably chastised.
:)

I confess I thought the same like Mascot, because it's an application I have to download and install of my own will and there is practically no personal data at all. But now I see you just didn't know anything about this stupid regulation, and totally understand your fear.

I'm very happy you will save the project, it's an essential part of AC.
Thank you very much for your work and I send a small donation again after typing this :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.