Round #9, Italy: Post-Race Discussion

Yes its funny actually though as I had suspension damage and the steering wheel was at 45 degrees down the straight and at that point it suddenly got worse for some reason and so the car just went off the track to the left. It certainly wasn't on purpose and I do apologise.

Also I found out that not only was my wheel not pointing straight in game, my actual wheel was not centre either which was probably what that detour was about.

LOL. Looked like you were playing chicken with the markerboards. Bad luck Mike.

I did p5 in Q despite a bad lap.
I overtook Rens easily at the start and the next few laps just consisted in the GS guys following Kuba. I tried to stay in the DRS zone behind Jeroen and saving tires. Then Jeroen spun in Lesmo2 and I started to close the gap with Christof at the same time that Rens was doing the same with me. When I saw Rens pitting so early I though to pit much later to have better tires and not go out in traffic. But when I did my pitstop, I went out 2 sec behind him. I started to close the gap with him until someone decided to quit every single brake board in t1.
Kuba and Christof were still on track with old tires that allowed Rens and me to overtake Kuba and Christof respectively. Then Kuba decided to pit again and the victory was just between Rens and me. I was closing the gap with him lap by lap until I lost the control of the car in Lesmo2 and a backmarker decides to defend his position like if he was fighting for championship or something like that. There is when I was screaming that very famous Montoya's quote: "F****** Raikkonen, what a f****** i****". Jordi San Andres, can you explain me what were you doing? because I don't find any explanation... Maybe I should put a big blue flag in the nose of my car because I'm not very lucky with backmarkers. I don't want to say that I couldn't win for this, but I could have finished 2nd for sure. Last laps I was struggling on worn tires and that allowed Kuba to close to gap with me. We made contact in Ascari (sorry, it was my fault, I broke on the dirty side) but he overtook me on the main straight eventually.
Congrats Rens for the win and for the championship and Kuba for the podium. After everything, I got my first ever podium :D

Jordi San Andres Salvador I'm still waiting your reply... :whistling:

No. you misunderstand me ;) Surely are you allowed to discuss the race. But where is the point to force someone else to do it? If Jordi dont reply it`s his right. No need to put someone against the wall...

"Feel free to discuss the race in this thread, as long as it is within the forum rules."
Sorry, I thought this post is to talk about the race. It seems that only you are allowed to judge your and others incidents. :)

I think he means that he hopes you reported it. ;)

It looked pretty stupid on the broadcast, and he would likely get some penalty.

Q1: good enough lap, I'm 10th.
Q2: good lap, 10th.

Race: at race start (33:00) I gain a place. Lap 5 and I try to obstruct Winter to get a good line, but we touch and I lose two places (39:17). Lap 13 and I box with Kallas (52:03), rejoining track in 9th position. From 53:00 begins the end of my race; I think that's the moment to push, and I try to overtake forgetting my C7NX conditions (very good but not perfect after previous contact). I'm very aggressive at Ascari brake, maybe too much even for a perfect car; I go deep and I lose three seconds. That's enough to be involved in Klue-Hernandez battle; I try to control this new topic but I don't do it, so I brake early to avoid risks. Opposite result; huge race incident. From that moment, as a good Gilles Villeneuve fan :), I'm like:"I will finish this race, you will show that's possible". I rejoin track and box, waiting more than a lap for repairs (I switched engine off), but I have to give up; I can't go straight from second gear, I don't have car control. I think to do another lap an pit again, but I'm very dangerous, so I stop.

Not a good race for sure hehe; racing accidents appens but, first I didn't have to lose 3 seconds at Ascari, and second I shoulded have a better contest control some second later. I losed 10 seconds in last two races; I will try to be consistent as before for nexts. Congratulations again to the Pro WC :cool:;) (deserved in my opinion), to the podium :cool:;) and to who is happy about his race ;); thanks to my team and to the staff. See you soon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back