AC Round 15 of 23 Formula Agile@Monza Thu, 31st August 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

abecede

Premium
monza.jpg

NEW APPLICANTS WELCOME!

On August 31st, four days before the Formula 1 event, we will drive in Italy on the Monza track made by Kunos. Join the practice server for some quick laps!
First, there is an optional 60 minutes practice session, then a qualifying session which lasts for 20 minutes (plus a bit for people to finish their current hotlap).
The race format for this round is: two 25 minute races, pit stop is NOT mandatory. The second race has a starting grid reversed from the result of the first race.

Further info can be found on the championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS at the bottom of the page in the Monza event area.

Practice server is up!

And me neither :mad::mad::mad: :(:(:(

I was just getting into a good rhythm practicing at Monza too! Rarely I felt so comfortable with the chicanes! Variante Ascari is a blast when get right!

You all have a good race!

BTW, I don't see any track for Marina Bay at Singapore. Seems we will need to use an alternative? There is this street track Lor Orchard in Singapore though.

And me neither :mad::mad::mad: :(:(:(

I was just getting into a good rhythm practicing at Monza too! Rarely I felt so comfortable with the chicanes! Variante Ascari is a blast when get right!

You all have a good race!

BTW, I don't see any track for Marina Bay at Singapore. Seems we will need to use an alternative? There is this street track Lor Orchard in Singapore though.
I have a Marine bay on my drive. Dont know if usable though

And me being one of the drivers making errors :roflmao: Had forgot the first rule with this car as in leave a little understeer and you cant lose the back. I set it up nice and sharp and payed the price. Maybe my GT drivers flipflops were not the best idea also :roflmao: . My second race problems were not all my fault as someone plowed straight into me on the first chicane at the start and i believe i was not the only one taken out. I set myself up for a smooth recovery inching closer to Paul with every lap and i could almost smell his exhaust when i lost the back end. Omar waved as he came by and so did Jason but he had his own problems going on. Enjoyable despite a non stellar effort by myself and congrats to everyone who kept it together for the two races.

first race was good, had fun with Axel right up until i rear-ended him in a brake zone (had more speed than i thought).

Race 2 got off to a bad start with T1, typical Monza thing. after that i never really got back into it and spent the whole race driving over curbs and dying each time. car felt good up until it met the curbs.

And me being one of the drivers making errors :roflmao: Had forgot the first rule with this car as in leave a little understeer and you cant lose the back. I set it up nice and sharp and payed the price. Maybe my GT drivers flipflops were not the best idea also :roflmao: . My second race problems were not all my fault as someone plowed straight into me on the first chicane at the start and i believe i was not the only one taken out. I set myself up for a smooth recovery inching closer to Paul with every lap and i could almost smell his exhaust when i lost the back end. Omar waved as he came by and so did Jason but he had his own problems going on. Enjoyable despite a non stellar effort by myself and congrats to everyone who kept it together for the two races.
That was me, actually.. we were three wide and I lost the view of the left distance tabs. I apologized and restarted last :( and in the happiness of getting a podium out of that mess I forgot to report again my apologies here :redface::notworthy:

Omar, this happens a lot at monza due to the long run into T1 which is a very slow speed corner so dont worry about it at all. i did look at the replay and the biggest mistake you made was moving across too behind me and then trying to stop, in that position you need to keep it in the lane you were in. most of us have done it a few times, thats racing for you.

Omar, this happens a lot at monza due to the long run into T1 which is a very slow speed corner so dont worry about it at all. i did look at the replay and the biggest mistake you made was moving across too behind me and then trying to stop, in that position you need to keep it in the lane you were in. most of us have done it a few times, thats racing for you.
Thanks Jason. This is a chance to learn something about racing. Actually, I tried to recover a closer position to the racing line, and that pretty much messed up all the action :cry: I usually try to leave space when someone is overtaking me but I didn't apply the same criteria to the situation.

I did not watch the replay but i was first up to the corner i believe so i am guessing Jason hit me after Omar hit him? I have had endless race restarts due to that first chicane so it is common for drivers to not get the distance right so Omar you are forgiven but you will have to block your 6th gear for the next round as a punishment :roflmao::roflmao:

That's correct Steve, I had a front seat view of the incident and as Jason said, it was a typical Monza first chicane domino effect with Omar into Jason and Jason a pasenger when he took you out. It happens, I have been guilty of exactly the same thing here in the past.:redface:
Despite the very low numbers there was some good racing going on, I couldn't find my practice/ qualy pace but maybe that was a good thing as I could lap consistently and grind out a result in both races. I was expecting a challenge in race two once you had all recovered but I managed to pick up P2 and some healthy championship points after missing Zandvort.
Looking forward to the next one now, but not expecting to be so high up the grid!:rolleyes:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 459 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 281 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 302 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 177 27.0%
Back