Round 10: Seriously Not Serious Club

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
That's is based on Abdul's idea from here. I will update the first post with everyone's laptimes. Each round closes on Sunday:) The server is set with 7hours of qualies.

You are allowed to change the setup.

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT SNS
Password: usual club password.

Cars: Audi R8 - Peter Duivelaar
Track: Pau - Ariff Roose
Weather: Dry

Basic rules:
  • Whoever is the fastest at the end of the week picks a car to run for the following week
  • Whoever finishes last picks the track for the following week.
  • The same person can't pick the track/car 3 weeks in a row. In the case that occurs, the 2nd line will choose the mod
  • Tracks and mods have to be either game default or located in RD's download section
Standings after round 9

snscweek10.png

hmmm... for me the fun comes with the challenge. I also don't like this combo very much, but the challenge is to handle it and to fight against others lap times, which are made under the same conditions. So why passing it a week only because the combo doesn't realy fit the own taste?:sidefrown: (Just my opinion, don't want to tell you what to do)

BTW: change diffs, ARB and chamber and you'll notice very different behaviour.

An other point is that: Taking cars with no ability to change the setup, makes the driver skills much more important and gives people with low setup knowledge a better chance to compare with better drivers, who also couldn't change the setup!

I like a challenge, but only if I'm having fun while doing so...perhaps this combo just isn't my cup of tea but this car plows big time and instead of getting frustrated like I was last night, I figure I'll spend some time playing something else. It's only ` week :)

I am sorry some of you don't like my choice of the R8, but I thought it would be something different then normal and the Audi does not handle very bad.

It's not the car, or the track, but for some reason combined it just isn't as fun as I was hoping. I remember watching an R8 RD.com race a couple months ago and it looked like a blast so I setup the same car and track (can't remember the track now) and had some fun. This car feels like it needs a little bit of run-off (or just a wider track) to really let the car set and do it's thing. I had 3 tire punctures on Pau within the first 2 laps because the car would drift a bit and hit the curb...I've never seen that happen before :p

Love the car, hate the track, done a couple of laps but struggle round here in a mini so not much hope in these cars. 1:28s and thats about the best I can hope for. Will try some more and see what happens.

Here's a couple of tips I shared with Abdul last night on the server:

1. Use the gears like Atilla does. Coming into the hairpins, stomp on the brakes and slam straight down to 2nd gear. It's not "real" engine braking, nor is it very true to life, but it certainly helps braking distances and stabilises the car coming into slow turns. Alternatively, you can blip the throttle.

2. Let the car carry you out of corners. The R8 is four-wheel drive, so you can get away with a small slide. Going through the fast turns, control the throttle so that the rear end steps out the tiniest bit, and when coming out of the slower corners, don't be afraid to put your foot down and let the car stabilise itself.

I'll see if I can attach a hotlap replay afterwards.

The track/car combo is fun when don't take it seriously... At last some powerdrifting and hair-rising moments when you just about loose it but the car does stabilize itself quite often.. and often it doesn't.. Bodyparts flying, great fun. Too bad i can't improve my time..

• Ariff Roose

I have to be honest... i dont like the combo but it's a great challenge. i clocked a 1:31 during my own free practice because the server wasn't up yesterday (BOOO). I'll try get one in today!:chicken:
Edit:
1st run: 1:27.5

• Ariff Roose

Oh btw: R8 is really nice to control with a keyboard! It catches the powerslide and one opposite lock later you are straight on up to turn whatever.
Anyways turn 5 & 6 are hazardous. I just cant get the hang of it. I come in at the right line at gear 4 and go through neatly but when I enter turn 6, I am forced to enter gear 3 and may just be crashing into the barrier....:terminator::teeth:

• Ariff Roose

Insane you are... I managed an oonly 1:24.... repeats or setups any1?

Abdul: how long is the server gonna be up?:monkey:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Forum trophies