AMS2 Rookies | P3 @ Jacarepaguá Short - Friday April 29, 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
@Bram Hengeveld I joined the Reiza MP beta test last night, enjoyed the whole 30 mins did not have a single disconnect or even a stutter with folks joining. I believe they use a dedi server whereas you use the other form of server? No idea how to try to trouble-shoot this further but it seems I have a connection problem with my setup and your server. I'll try again tomorrow night and see how it goes, maybe something has been fixed (but realise it may not be in the release build just yet)
We are running on a world class dedicated server and as you can see during all events it's really only you who are having this issue. I would love to say this is happening because of something happeninga on our end but it's not :)

Sorry guys going to have to pull out of this Friday nights fun… been called into the office on my Friday off as a feared so won’t be home in time :(

Someone else can have my place…

See you the week after

Enjoy :)

Practice: 19:00 UTC / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST (10 minutes)
Race 1: 19:40 UTC / 20:40 BST / 21:40 CEST (15 minutes)
Race 2: 19:55 UTC / 20:55 BST / 21:40 CEST (15 minutes)
This timetable doesn't match up with the times given! Shouldn't it be...?

Practice: 19:00 UTC / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC / 20:20 BST / 21:20 CEST (10 minutes)
Race 1: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST (15 minutes)
Race 2: 19:45 UTC / 20:45 BST / 21:45 CEST (15 minutes)

That was some good clean wet/dry light/dark fun, thanks Bram and everyone else :D

Came out second best in a really nice battle for P8 in the first race and then somehow pulled a wild quali lap out of nowhere for race 2, knocking 6 tenths off my PB and starting P3. I thought I'd get a nosebleed sitting that high up the grid. All the T1 chaos seemed to happen right behind me, but I scooted off and held on for P4, which for a rookie like me is an absolutely astounding finish, so I'm made up! Especially because for the second half of that race I couldn't see a damn thing in the pitch-black sector 2 and was basically keeping it on the black stuff using a combination of muscle memory and sheer dumb luck :roflmao:

Thanks Bram, that was a steep learning curve for the first race with the rain and the small lake approaching the second last ! and the second race I was guessing entry points towards the end which caued me to go off a couple times but still managed to finish 10th so an improvement from last week.
Sorry if I caused anybody to take avoiding action during my grass cutting trips.
Look forward to the next SUNNY race :)

same issues with disconnecting. :( at least I've now isolated the problem to the release version I have and not the beta so something in my settings somewhere maybe off. I'll investigate further and keep trying. It is so annoying as I love the prototypes in AMS2 and the P3 are just a delight.

Had a great couple of races. 1st race was going well until the last lap. Got nudged once or twice, then spun out when I braked far too late.. I may also have caused a bit of bother for other drivers. My apologies for that.Second race was good too. Starting to feel more confident as I learnt the car and the track.. my limited sim racing experience did kick in when I saw a bunch of cars doing the waltz in front of me as I luckily managed to make my way through starting grid mayhem.. I just knew what would happen, that my new found position wouldn't last very long. And it didn't. Lol.
Possible only gripe I have is it's a great track, but why have a hairpin bend only metres from the start line. Asking for trouble in my opinion. Thanks again guys for a good night's fun racing and cheers for organising Bram. Mucho appreciated.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 167 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 111 44.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 28.0%
Back