Robert Kubica

Massa was back on the pit wall before the end of the 2009 season. Supporting the team.
Kubica hasn't even been reported as visiting the Renault factory at any point since his accidents.
As soon as he was able to talk to the media about his future he mentioned that he would look to leave Renault if he could (one of the early Massa rumours).
He showed no loyalty, support or respect towards the Renault team after his accident.
They were still paying him for ages after his accient as well as paying for most of his rehabilitation.

I just don't agree with his choice to start talking to the media about looking at other teams the second he's out of hospital.
Renault were clearly insulted by it. Hence why they stopped paying him.
It's disrespectful.

Robert Kubica tested a factory Ford Fiesta RS WRC in France last month, AUTOSPORT's sources have confirmed.
The Polish driver joined Ford for its development test at the Circuit des Ecuyers close to Reims in central France. The source confirmed he drove the car for a day on the track.
Prior to the French test, Kubica is believed to have hired a Ford Fiesta RS WRC from an Italian team in preparation for his time in the Ford's official test car.
Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson refused to even acknowledge Kubica was present at the test, saying: "As you know, we had a four-day development test at a circuit in France, that's all there is to it. It was a private test and I'm not prepared to comment further."
An AUTOSPORT source in Italy said: "Robert drove the car, we know this. And he drove the car well. He has the big passion for rally."
Ford drivers Jari-Matti Latvala and Petter Solberg were both present at the test and both are believed to have discussed the car with Kubica.
The test is Kubica's biggest step towards a return to the highest level of motorsport since he crashed a Skoda Fabia S2000 heavily on the Ronde di Andora in February 2011, seriously injuring his right arm and hand.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102019

Possibly yes. But what's to say that he would've got to grips with the Pirellis?
Nothing's ever definite.
what´s to say he would be retarded after hurting his arm?

Tires are tires, it might take a year or two or three but you still have one of the finest drivers on the planet. Too bad you can´t see that.
But you´ll see when the time is right. He´s not just another driver.

In the Monaco go-carting event he beat everyone, including Hamilton (another unreal driver)
Won 6 titles in 3 years while karting.
Signed for F3 Euro Series, got involved in a car accident, had a plastic brace and 18 titanium screws in his arm, still won the race at Noisring on his debut.

Brilliant driver that would be missed if he could not make it back.

Put his Renault in F1 on the second or front row at SPA, Monaco and Suzuka.
All known for letting the driver make more of a difference.

Kubica is coming back! At least to the rallies;)
To me i think he should've focused on the 2011 F1 season; not to say that he deserved it because i qm a huge Kubica fan and respect all motorsport drivers but i think it was too close to the F1 season to think about rallying. At least he's getting better; i think he'll get into Sauber next to Perez! Drivers i like:
Hamilton
Perez
Kubica
Raikkonen
Grosjean
Senna (both Ayrton and Bruno)

Drivers i despise:
Maldonado

What kind of rally series is this?

Something local is still not F1 where its vital to have 100% control over your arms, hands and fingers to operate the dashboard with all the needed precision.

Italian national championship. of course not world class level, but still better than your average Joe ;) and he's not fully recovered yet.
Apparently the rally was 4 stages and he won it.

MxVZy.jpg

It was only a local level rally, but next week he's confirmed to drive a Peugeot S2000 in a rally that is a part of the Italian Rally Championship (Name of the rally: Rallye Internazionale San Martino di Castrozza e Primero). I'm a massive Kubica fan, I did support his rally career, and I think this accident was just pure bad luck, but now he's showing that he's coming back stronger than ever before, especially mentally and maybe even in the pure speed. I'm hoping for the best, as this chap is growing up to be the 2nd Zanardi in a way for me!

I just dislike his lack of interest in F1 in the months after his crash.
He was still contracted by Renault, able to walk around and travel, yet made no effort to be with the team at a race or even visit the factory. Then started talking about being interested in joining other teams. Very disrespectful towards a team that were paying for his recovery and rehab.

If you look at Massa who almost died from his injuries, the second he was able to, he was at races, on the pit wall, supporting the team, as they did for him.

That's what really put me off Kubica as a character.
Robert was almost dead, thanks to the doctors he is still alive (you got bad input) and now kickin ass in rally car, awesome, somehow they helped him to avoid press and other parasites for long 19 months - good job. Renault was nothing he deserved well better but politics in F1 didn't give him a chance. What he achived today is remakable and only fools can say different. Massa is done - with 2 hands and 2 legs he is poor long enough, Perez will take his place.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.5%